cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not in testmode, but sometimes getting an AuthCode of "000000"

Background: We have had an "annual renewal" application running successfully for a couple years. A year ago we added code to start saving Customer Profiles on Authorize. Now we are sometimes (often) getting AuthCodes of "000000" for transactions. We have an ASP-MVC application written in C#.

What we're seeing: The transaction goes like this:

1. We connect to the API with our API Login, Tran Key, and set IsSandbox to FALSE
  2. We create a customerAddressType object with the information from the customer
  3. We create a customerPaymentProfileType object with the Card Number and Expiration, setting the Bill To using the object from the previous step
  4. We add the objects from the previous 2 steps to profiles and addresses
  5. We then create a customerProfileType object using data from the customer
  6. Using the object from step 5, we createCustomerProfileRequest, then createCustomerProfileController, and finally Execute
  7. In most cases, the profile will be a duplicate, and we will get message "E00039" - this is normal for us. If we don't get that message (first time renewal) skip the next step
  8. We get the Customer Profile ID from the error, and use that going forward
  9. We get the customerProfilePaymentType using the Customer Profile ID and Payment Profile that have been created
  10. We now create the transactionRequestType using the amount and paymentProfile
  11. We createTransactionRequest using the object created in the previous step
  12. We createTransactionController and Execute it
  13. The API Response messages.resultCode is OK
  14. The API Response transactionResponse.transId is valid
  15. The API Response transactionResponse.authCode is "000000"
  16. The API Response transactionResponse has no detailed messages

At this point our code has made the determination that the customer was charged successfully, but the charge has actually failed. Looking at the actual transaction, I see:

Transaction Status: Declined (Card declined by issuer - Contact card issuer to determine reason.)

However, there are 2 reasons I feel this is on our end, and not an actual card issue:

• It is happening in about 75% of all charges
  • As I said above, this started happening suddenly, exactly one year after we started saving Customer Profiles. Since this is an annual renewal application, these are the first charges to happen with customers who previously used this latest version of our credit card processing (with the Customer Profile IDs).

I appreciate any help in determining how to fix this issue.

Thank you,

Evan

esdictor
11 REPLIES 11

We continue to get a large number of declinations with Code: 2, Text: This transaction has been declined.

The customers are telling us (all of them) that when they contact their card company they are being told there is no problem with their card.

I need to know how I can debug this problem, as we are getting a large number of unhappy clients as well as unhappy employees having to manually take the charges via phone.

Evan

Hello Evan,

Did you ever figure this problem out?