cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications to expect when an ARB profile fails

From what I know of Silent Post and ARB Email Notifications as they apply to ARB profiles I believe our users will see the following sequence of notifications (or non-notifications as the case may be)  from AuthNet when a credit card expires or fails on a recurring profile.  

Can anyone confirm or correct me on these?

Scenario 1 - Card Expires after at least one successful charge on the card:

1. AuthNet sends a "Credit Card Expiration" ARB Email Notification prior to the expiration date on the card. 

2. NO silent post on the scheduled payment date (as AuthNet won't attempt to charge an expired card)

3. AuthNet sends a "Failed Transaction Notice" ARB Email notification on the date of the scheduled payment but leaves the profile in "active" status.

Scenario 2 - Card Declined (over limit, AVS failure, etc.) before first payment on profile

1. AuthNet sends a silent post with the transaction details for the failed charge.

2. AuthNet sends a "Subscription Suspension" ARB Email Notification and puts the profile in Suspended Status

3. On the date of the next scheduled payment, AuthNet sends a "Subscription Termination" ARB Email notification and cancels the profile.

Scenario 3 - Card Declined (over limit, AVS failure, etc.) after at least one successful charge on the card:

1. AuthNet sends a silent post with the transaction details for the failed charge.

2. AuthNet sends a "Failed Transaction Notice" ARB Email Notification but leaves the profile in "active" status.

Thanks,

Ron

-------------------------------------------------
Ron
Linvio, Inc.
Salesforce.com/Authnet Integration
linvio
Contributor
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

I can confirm that this is absolutely correct. I will add one note that you are probably already aware of, the emails depend on your user profile settings for which emails you want to received.

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Where do I setup the URL that ARB sends a silent post to and where is the documentation for what is sent with the silent post?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi,

Please check this article for instructions on how to configure the Silent Post URL in your account:

https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A609

You can find the returned value pairs here:

https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A170

Thanks,

Joy