cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one address line for street address?

Hi all,

I am new to the Auth.net API and am a longtime user of the CyberSource API.  In digging into my first example for testing in the sandbox I noticed there is only a single address field allowed for customer information in CIM records and for regular AIM transactions?

Two questions:

1) Do you all just pack the two street address lines you have into the single "address" field for CIM and AIM usage (comma separated)?

2) From the perspective of all AVS (address verification) for the best possible card-not-present rates at the time a transaction is processed, the postal code is usually the most important field.  Does the Auth.Net platform make any differentiation of AVS or non-AVS passing transactions to pass along to the processor for best possible discount rates or are all transactions processed the same regardless of AVS pass/fail?

4classjuggler
1 REPLY 1

Hello @4classjuggler

At present, we only support Address Line 1 in the API.  You are welcome to post this as a new feature using our Ideas forum. This will allow others to vote on and make suggestions to improve the request.

For your second question, we pass the address and postal codes through with the transaction if they are sent to us. If the underwriter changes rates based on this data it would be only because it was present, not because we specifically flagged it as present in some way.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator