cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Auth Refunds (credit tx type)

I just finished implementing partial authorizations, however I need to know what modifications I need to make to our "refunding" scripts.

- Can I preform a "CREDIT" based on a split tender ID and have authorized.net decide which card to refund what amount from? (is this even possible)

- Or do I need to submit X amount from X card with X txid, and X amount from X card with this Tx id?

See I save the order with the split tender id, and each subsequent card/amount/txid is saved independantly so I can handle this either way. So which way is the best / correct way to do this, or is either way fine?

Also, the system does support more than just one split right? I programmed  my processing side to continuously prompt for more payment sources until the total amount has been authorized. The testing area seemed to handle it but I just wanted to double check.

Lastly, what is with this posting form? Why does this box not wrap at the edge and just continue to horizontally scroll as I type? Highly annoying. FF4.01...

SublymeRick
3 REPLIES 3

This brings up an additional question...

When I'm doing a PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE using the split_tender_id from the AUTH_ONLY previously executed, I know I can just do it like normal except give the split tender id instead of the transaction id like I do normally, how ever if the amount changes, like shipping cost was discounted or something like that that, and the amount needed to prior_auth_capture is lower than the total authorized amount, can I just capture the new amount using the split tender id? Or will I have to specify every single card / txid and amont from each doing separate calls to the API?

SublymeRick

In both scenarios that you describe, you would need to submit multiple requests.  Authorize.Net will only capture or refund the full transaction amounts when submitting a split tender ID instead of a transaction ID.

Thank you for the response on this!