cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Authorization for Direct Payment Method

Read the Partial Authorization Method within the Direct Post Method (DPM) Developer Guide.

I have both selected the Partial Authorization option AND passed the x_allow_partial_auth=true with my transaction and did NOT see the x_split_tender_id in the response.

A couple of questions.

1. Can Partial Authorization be used with normal credit card purchases?  Not clear from the document and posts here.

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Partial-Authorization-Questions-...

2. If it can be used with normal credit card purchases, can we deliberately use this method to split payments within an order to support PCI compliance? (i.e. the first partial auth would transmit the payment info) the successive transactions would add items to the order without repeating the payment info.

jgnazzo
3 REPLIES 3

Partial Authorization is for when the custome debit/credit card didn't have enough on 1 card to cover the amount, then if you have x_allow_partial_auth=true then you can ask for a 2nd card.

It is not for merchant to split the amount on multiple card.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Can you use a normal credit card or does it have to be a debit, gift card etc.?

As far as I know it work the same with normal credit card too. It just split it when one card do not have enough credit.