cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Capture Process/Requests Guidline Help

Good day team.

I have the online shop based on Magento EE 1.10.1.1. These version contains authorize.net payment gateway module,

however it doesn't support Partial Capturing. And I waht to impelment it, but I'm lost in Authorize.net API documentation =)

I need help with Partial Capture capabilities of authorize.net API. So here is case:

Customer bought 3 items to shopping cart. each costs $10. Order (transaction) was created. Seller wants to ship them separately and

capture money from buyer separately for each item. After finishing - transaction must be closed.

So here are steps:

1. Authorize Only request for $30 - transaction created

2. After 1 hour Partial Capture request for $10 - transaction updated

3. After 1 hour Partial Capture request for $10 - transaction updated

4. After 1 hour Partial Capture request for $10 - transaction closed, everybody happy

So how can I implement such functionality - I mean which API I need to use. I need clear examples, steps, sequance.

Thanks.

antares
5 REPLIES 5

Guys, can you help me wtih this?

antares

Provided by you thread not fully understandable for me. So, can you correct me please if I'm wrong in next:

1. So for spliting capturing of one order on three parts I definetly need to use SIM?

2. For provided by steps of scenario above, as far as I understood I need perform next requests (using SIM)?

2.1. AUTH_ONLY request for $30 - transaction created

2.2. After 1 hour PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE request for $10 - transaction updated

2.3. After 1 hour CAPTURE_ONLY request for $10 - transaction updated

2.4. After 1 hour CAPTURE_ONLY request for $10 - transaction closed, everybody happy

So what can you tell me about above concers?

Since CAPTURE_ONLY required cc# and exp date, your API choice will be depend on if you have a PCI compliance web/server/database.

If you do have PCI compliance backend, you can use any of the API (SIM,AIM,DPM,CIM). And you can mixed API as long as your use the correct transaction ID and authorization ID. e.g. use SIM for AUTH_ONLY to get cc# from customer, then use AIM from you backend app to do PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE and CAPURE_ONLY.

If not, CIM is the way to go unless you want to call your customer for the cc# again.

I got it thanks.