cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Refund during the first 24h

Hello,

I am facing an issue (actualy it's more 2 issues).
I would like to be able to do a parial refund before the settlement of the transaction (in the first 24hours). 
If I try to do a refund using VB.Net, all I can find is a CreditRequest, in this request I can put an amout but when running it before settlement the request failed, which is normal but the response provided is not what I expected.
If I refer to the response codes I should get a 

{
		"code" : "50",
		"text" : "This transaction is awaiting settlement and cannot be refunded.",
		"integration_suggestions" : "", 
		"other_suggestions" : "Credits or refunds may only be performed against settled transactions. The transaction against which the credit/refund was submitted has not been settled, so a credit cannot be issued."

}

But I am getting a 

{
		"code" : "54",
		"text" : "The referenced transaction does not meet the criteria for issuing a credit.",
		"integration_suggestions" : "The referenced transaction does not meet the criteria for issuing a credit. It may be unsettled, an invalid type, the wrong currency, an invalid reference transaction ID or settled more than 120 days ago.<br><br/><br/>Consider applying for Expanded Credit-Return Capabilities if the merchant needs to refund transactions older than 120 days.", 
		"other_suggestions" : ""
}

This is weird, also as said before I can't do a partial refund and have to Void the transaction.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Theo
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Theo

First, an unsettled transaction can only be voided which cancels the entire transaction.  It is not possible void a portion of the amount.

For your second question, it would help to see the response for your original transaction and then the response for your "void" returning a RRC 54 instead of 50.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator