cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass customer address to Accept Hosted payment form without allowing address to be edited

I'm trying to integrate Accept Hosted.

Given my requirements, every solution leads to another problem.

1) I need to collect billing address before displaying the ANET payment form so that I can calculate sales tax based on the address and include the tax amount in the transaction. But I can't pass the address to the ANET transaction without allowing the customer to change the address in the ANET checkout form, which could invalidate the sales tax I calculated. Also, not passing the address to the ANET transaction means that the address won't be stored with the transaction, meaning that none of ANET's address-based fraud detection will work and the transaction won't show any customer address data. Not ideal.

3) I might be able to set up a Customer Profile based on the address I collect, then use the ANET payment form to add payment option to a payment profile, then charge that payment profile. But this prevents me from allowing "guest checkout" because I'd need to protect the profiles with authentication. Also not ideal.

Has anyone faced these challences and/or found any solutions? I just want to include my own customer address data in a transaction by using an ANET credit card form. There's got to be a way....

Please also see:

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Accept-Hosted-and-Sales-Tax-cal...

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Customer-Profile-authenticate-u...

Thanks

jm_dgsdev
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @jm_dgsdev,

It's a scenario that's been talked about a few times on the forums, as you've already seen, but there's currently no workaround other than what you've already described. Sorry about that.

To recap, workarounds currently could include:

• Calculate sales tax based on a shipping address the customer gives you, and let them edit billing address.
  • Don't let them edit billing address and deal with higher possible fraud due to no AVS.
  • Create customer profile, let them add a payment method in a hosted profile form, then use that for payment.
  • Use Accept.js to create your own form working exactly how you want without submitting card data to the server.

It's already been suggested in our Ideas Forum, but feel free to add your voice to this request, or submit a new request if you have another suggestion beyond what's already been suggested.

Aaron
All Star

Good news!

We've released some enhancements to the Accept Hosted form that allow address information submitted in the token request to persist even if it's not displayed on the form. This enables you to use AVS or do other things that might require the address to be stored on our system without risk that the customer will change the address on the hosted form.

Hey, that's great!

Thanks for the update, Aaron.

I'll give that a try.

@Aaron

Thanks and Really good to here.

Does it means if we can still use AVS feature without displaying address details on hosted form ??

Please correct my understanding.

raviparmarce88
Regular Contributor

@raviparmarce88 wrote:

@Aaron

Thanks and Really good to here.

Does it means if we can still use AVS feature without displaying address details on hosted form ??

Please correct my understanding.

Yes, that means you can use the AVS feature without displaying address details on the hosted form.