cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause and Resume an ARB Subscription

Is it possible to pause and resume an ARB subscription through the API? In other words skip a payment, then pick up with a payment later on. I am using C#. 

tkstom
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

From the ARB guide:
http://www.authorize.net/support/ARB_guide.pdf

- The subscription start date (subscription.paymentSchedule.startDate) may only be updated in the event that no successful payments have been completed.
- The subscription interval information (subscription.paymentSchedule.interval.length and subscription.paymentSchedule.interval.unit) may not be updated.
- The number of trial occurrences (subscription.paymentSchedule.trialOccurrences) may only be updated if the subscription has not yet begun or is still in the trial period.
- All other fields are optional.

You can also cancel subscriptions, but I don't think you can pause a subscription and then resume it. You can only kill it and then make a new one, which requires having the customer put in their credit card info again. If you want payment-level control, you should look into implementing CIM instead, it gives you far more control.

View solution in original post

TJPride
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

From the ARB guide:
http://www.authorize.net/support/ARB_guide.pdf

- The subscription start date (subscription.paymentSchedule.startDate) may only be updated in the event that no successful payments have been completed.
- The subscription interval information (subscription.paymentSchedule.interval.length and subscription.paymentSchedule.interval.unit) may not be updated.
- The number of trial occurrences (subscription.paymentSchedule.trialOccurrences) may only be updated if the subscription has not yet begun or is still in the trial period.
- All other fields are optional.

You can also cancel subscriptions, but I don't think you can pause a subscription and then resume it. You can only kill it and then make a new one, which requires having the customer put in their credit card info again. If you want payment-level control, you should look into implementing CIM instead, it gives you far more control.

TJPride
Expert

Thank you that's what I saw elsewhere. I thought I might have missed something.