cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PayPal Integratiuon, testing using sandbox, alternative testing methods

As a refresher, I'm integrating PayPal into my ANET Software. Wrote the XML Request, Response, Error XSD files to code against. So all my XML works correctly now. I can send a request to the developer endpoint Receive a Response, and parse it. In ANET Sandbox test mode, I get response Code 2, error 35. I'm told that my PayPal sandbox account is not really processing the transaction, so ANET just sends me a 35 code. In ANET live mode, I don't have a valid PayPal account. So I created a real PayPal Business account for my company. I get cookies are not enabled, and a bunch of other junk, so the accounts don't line up. In the ANET Sandbox, I wasn't able to reset the PayPal account, so I disabled it. Now I can't enable it again, so I created another sandbox account. So now the Questions: How are you guys doing this?, the testing part. I don't really need to confirm 100% operation at the moment, I just have no clue what to do after PayPal sends the customer back to the success URL. Do I just assume that if the customer is sent back, the transaction was blessed or approved. Do I have to ask PayPal or ANET if the transaction was good, via XML. I have to record the order as being paid by PayPal, and at least get the reference ID back for later use. I'd like to get the token or approval code back as well.

jkirkerx
Contributor
Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @jkirkerx

You mentioned you are using test mode.  Test Mode should not be used in the sandbox by either switching the sandbox from live to test mode or sending Test Request = True in your request.  When test mode is enabled, it only validates the API Login and Transaction Key, nothing more.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I think I got it backwrds now.

On the first sandbox, was in test mode.

With the 2nd sandbox, I'm in live mode with the error 35.

I remember now reading the PDF and it saying that test mode only validates the Credentials.

So in live mode, I get the error 35, Call merchant support which I understand.

So how are other developers actually completing integration? using the PayPal Sandbox which is not able to pass a transaction back to ANET, or do have it all wrong, and I have no clue on how to setup both sides.

I did read some other posts on Stack Overflow that says "I gave up on the sandbox, and used real accounts to finish writing code"

Plus I'm trying to figure out how to get data back from PayPal, perhaps there posting text to an iput elemet that I'm suppose to create, or this ANET feature is a mini version of some other PayPal flow, and I should just read up on that.

Just looking for a point in the right direction here.

Hello @jkirkerx

I would recommend opening a support request at http://developer.authorize.net/support and provide information about the Sandbox account you are using.  

Richard

OK Thanks!