cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal get details transaction returns errors.

Pay pal get details transaction requires us to pass transactionId in order to recieved user informations that transaction belongs to, like email, payee id, shipping inforamtion. 

I am testing in sandbox, and for some reason getDetails sometimes returns valid response and sometimes returns errors. Below are the errors i recieve when calling getDetails transactions with valid transactionId that was used for purchase. 

1. Error :  325 : A value is required for the following: *paypalEcSetRequestToken, *paypalEcSetRequestID.

2. Error: 2 : This transaction has been declined.

Main reason I call this transaction is to get email address assiociated with that transaction. 

My undersating that only transactionId is needed for getDetailsTransaction. 

Please let me know if there are any time limits that can be called, are if anyone has seen this isseue while calling getDetailsTransaction for PayPal. 

anowogrodzki
Contributor
9 REPLIES 9

Hi ,

Did you checkout the reference for Paypal GetDetails api?

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/#PayPal-express-checkout-get-details

Email is not listed in the response.

Could you also use the TryIt tab using your credentials and see what response you are getting.

Thanks,

Naman

nbansal
Authorize.Net Developer Authorize.Net Developer
Authorize.Net Developer

Hi,

Email and payer id is return in security exeptence tag/object.

<secureAcceptance>
<PayerID>
NFXX6922XXXXNJ
</PayerID>
<PayerEmail>
gshi@travelinsured.com
</PayerEmail>
</secureAcceptance>

Bellow is a successful response for one of the transaction id that was used for payment. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<createTransactionResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
<messages>
<resultCode>
Ok
</resultCode>
<message>
<code>
I00001
</code>
<text>
Successful.
</text>
</message>
</messages>
<transactionResponse>
<responseCode>
</responseCode>
<rawResponseCode>
</rawResponseCode>
<transId>
</transId>
<refTransID>
</refTransID>
<transHash>
D64B75B4DD03E8784870266AEE1245A2
</transHash>
<testRequest>
</testRequest>
<accountType>
PayPal
</accountType>
<messages>
<message>
<code>
</code>
<description>
Request completed successfully
</description>
</message>
</messages>
<shipTo>
<firstName>
Testing Testing
</firstName>
<address>
1 Main St
</address>
<city>
San Jose
</city>
<state>
CA
</state>
<zip>
</zip>
<country>
US
</country>
</shipTo>
<secureAcceptance>
<PayerID>
NFXX6922XXXXNJ
</PayerID>
<PayerEmail>
gshi@travelinsured.com
</PayerEmail>
</secureAcceptance>
<transHashSha2>
5FE89C1FEFCCB3377BDD04C068812817197B51FD2BAAFC9975C5FE0B23E90CAC986ACD548C449D218875C9A07BEF71C8FD09FCBFE3AD77E698727F9623B5A174
</transHashSha2>
</transactionResponse>
</createTransactionResponse>

Below i try some other transaction id that was used for payment and i get below. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<createTransactionResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
<messages>
<resultCode>
Error
</resultCode>
<message>
<code>
E00027
</code>
<text>
The transaction was unsuccessful.
</text>
</message>
</messages>
<transactionResponse>
<responseCode>
</responseCode>
<rawResponseCode>
</rawResponseCode>
<transId>
</transId>
<refTransID>
</refTransID>
<transHash>
87C9E07A552EBB98CDB5E0FD7377FFC4
</transHash>
<testRequest>
</testRequest>
<accountType>
PayPal
</accountType>
<errors>
<error>
<errorCode>
</errorCode>
<errorText>
A value is required for the following: *paypalEcSetRequestToken, *paypalEcSetRequestID.
</errorText>
</error>
</errors>
<shipTo />
<transHashSha2>
F427EC9F31C456D04D165DD273A9627D9633D19F37D108B3B12284D257CF164C73E03B59ECAF576F3D4C6E1DDB21C2D20060F4782246190B016792D94481A753
</transHashSha2>
</transactionResponse>
</createTransactionResponse>

We trying to get email in order to identify pay pal account holders so we can process refunds into right account. We seeing that get details is very inconsistent. Sometimes we get correct response and sometimes dont. I checked the gateway and all transactions we trying to get details for are in settled status. 

Thanks for any help! 

Hi anowogrodzki,

I am following up on this with our internal teams, will let you know as soon as I get an update.

You mentioned this is in sandbox, right ?

Thanks,

Naman

nbansal
Authorize.Net Developer

Yes, we are in sandbox and we getting that error in that enviornment. Planning to release to production next week. 

Thank you!

Hello,

Are there any updates on this issue? We are still seeing sporadic errors comming from pay pal get details transaction. Its very inconsistent. Sometimes we get a valid response and sometime we get a response with the error. All our request pass a valid transaction id that has been issued by gateway during pay pal purchase.  

Can you test this on your end please? 

Please advice. 

Thank you,

Hello,

We are checking on our side. Apologies for the delay. Can you please provide following information, for a given transaction id do you see getDetails response failing always or does it work when you try multiple times for a given transaction ID.

Thanks.

nbansal
Authorize.Net Developer

Hello,

Thank you for your time,

So, what I observed is that all transactions ids issued by gateway during pay pal purchase all return valid response when get details is called moment later with transaction id issued. What we see, is that some of those transactions ids used a day later start returning errors. Once transaction id returns an error, any additional call to get details with same trandaction id always returns error.I never seen a call error out and then to start working again. Once error always an error. 

For example, I have two pay pal purchases made yesterday which correspond to unique transaction id. Today, only one of those two transaction ids return valid response from get details. Another returns an error ( Error 325, A value is required for the following: *paypalEcSetRequestToken, *paypalEcSetRequestID.). Both transaction ids are linked to same PayPal account.  I have a feeling that the one those transaction id that returns a valid response today from get details will start erroring out with error 2 "This transaction has been declined " error in comming days.

In addition, older transactions return a different error. Most transaction issued last week today return error code 2 with  "This transaction has been declined." from get details. 

I hope this helps,

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance from me,

Thank you!

Arthur

Hi Arthur,

Transactions you are trying to get details for, e.g. 60104637274, have been refunded and as per the transaction flows, you cannot do a get details for a PayPal transacation once it has been refunded.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Naman

nbansal
Authorize.Net Developer

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply. Not sure thats the case, hmm. For example today (7-5-18) in sandbox we created a paypal payment (60105491715) which we also process 3 partial refunds, and 60105491715 transaction still returns succesful response from get details. 

On the other hand, transaction 60105266596 created on 6-29-18 (which has no refunds against) retuns an error. 

<error>
<errorCode>
</errorCode>
<errorText>
This transaction has been declined.
</errorText>
</error>

Hope we can troubleshoot this a little more.

Thanks again,

Arthur