cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Method in the Batch Details response

The "GetBatchStatistics" API method returns a "GetBatchStatisticsResponseType" object. This type contains a "batch" property of type "BatchDetailsType". The "BatchDetailsType" class defines a property called "paymentMethod". In my test environment, since eCheck transactions do not settle, this property always comes back as "creditCard". What will it come back as in real, production environment, where there are also eCheck transations that need to be settled? Will Authorize.Net create separate batches for credit card transactions and eCheck transactions? If that is the case, I can see how this "paymentMethod" property will be "creditCard" in one case and "eCheck" in the other. Is that how it works?

TIA,

Eddie

EddieLascu88CNP
Regular Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If a merchant is processing credit card and eCheck transactions, these will settle in two batches. You will also receive two separate emails for Successful Credit Card Settlement Report and Successful eCheck.Net Settlement Report.

Thanks,

Joy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

The schema for the getBatchStatisticsResponse

https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd

said the BatchDetailsType is a minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"

so there should be 2, one for cc and one for echeck

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

In my Service Reference class, that type comes defined as this:

/// <remarks/>
[System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute("System.Xml", "4.0.30319.18408")]
[System.SerializableAttribute()]
[System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()]
[System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute("code")]
[System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute(Namespace="https://api.authorize.net/soap/v1/")]
public partial class GetBatchStatisticsResponseType : ANetApiResponseType

{
   private BatchDetailsType batchField;

/// <remarks/>
   [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute(Order=0)]
   public BatchDetailsType batch {
      get {
         return this.batchField;
      }
      set {
         this.batchField = value;
         this.RaisePropertyChanged("batch");
      }
   }
}

So there's only one BatchDetailsType object, not an array of them. The PaymentMethod property belongs to the BatchDetailsType class, so there's only one payment method.

From the WSDL (https://api.authorize.net/soap/v1/service.asmx?WSDL):

<s:complexType name="GetBatchStatisticsResponseType">

<s:complexContent mixed="false">

<s:extension base="tns:ANetApiResponseType">

<s:sequence>

<s:element name="batch" type="tns:BatchDetailsType" maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"/>

</s:sequence>

</s:extension>

</s:complexContent>

</s:complexType>

So, there's only one Batch Details object aggregated in the Batch Statistics Response Type.

Oop. now I see it, the request is based on batchID, so there would be different batchID.

So my question stands: are there separate batches closed daily for credit card transactions and eCheck transactions? Maybe someone else can shed some light on this question. Someone that already has a live/production account.

Hi,

If a merchant is processing credit card and eCheck transactions, these will settle in two batches. You will also receive two separate emails for Successful Credit Card Settlement Report and Successful eCheck.Net Settlement Report.

Thanks,

Joy

Thank you Joy for the clarification.

Best regards,

Eddie

EddieLascu88CNP
Regular Contributor