cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment processing issue while using Accept HOST( embedded iframe method)

Hi,

I have a requirement in integrating the Authorize.net has an accept hosted page. I have tried 2 approaches.

1. Tried using the redirect method, but this wasn't returning me any response and when researched a bit came to know webhooks is required for the response is this the only solution or any other approach is there?

2. While using an embedded iframe approach I get an error in browser console as 

Refused to display 'https://localhost:9002/authorizeadapter/iframeCommunicatore#action=resizeWindow&width=750&height=699.109' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

how to handle this issue?

And also came to know that iframe has been deprecated from one of the resources is right?

If deprecated what should be approach in integrating Authorize.net.

Thanks all!

Sai

sai_06
11 REPLIES 11

@sai_06 

There isn't a suitable alternative to webhooks that I know, and that's not a bad thing. They work extremely well. I am using iframes on my current and future projects, and I still use webhooks to get responses.

Your cross-origin issue has been documented by others and you can search the forum for solutions.

Renaissance
All Star

@Renaissance 

Even after using iframe are using webhooks to get the response?

And how much time does it take for the response after a transaction is made?

@sai_06 

99% + come withing 3 to 5 seconds of the transaction being successful. You use your return URL as normal, but your db updates and whatever other order processing you might run happen based on the webhook. 

@Renaissance 

Thanks for your response.

Regarding the same origin issue which is occurring only in chrome, I wasn't able to get any solution from the forum that worked out. Could you help me on these if possible?

And also came to know that iframe got deprecated and it's not recommended to use is it true?

@sai_06 

No the iframe isn't deprecated. Not sure where that idea came from.  I will look at this at breakfast tomorrow. This issue has been addressed on this forum many times.  

@Renaissance 

Thanks for your help. The same origin issue has been solved.

@sai_06

Excellent. Now set up webhooks and you’ll be on your way.

@Renaissance 

Without the webhooks I am able to get the response once the transaction is done, I have implemented the embedded Iframe approach.

@sai_06 

Yep you sure are, but you can get a webhook followed up with a method call for the transaction details and get a more complete response.  Look at the getTransactionDetails method call in the API reference and compare that with the response fields in the iframe.