cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment processing problem

Good Day.

I am using Authorize.Net payment gateway and I have a problem related to it. There is an exception while processing online payments with the next message:

« The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. »

This exception occurs only on our production server. There is no any exception using local developers machines with the same configuration of IIS and Authorize.Net, there is a successful response from Authorize.Net server with processed transaction details.

Production server configurations:

1. IIS 6.0

2. ASP.NET 4.0

3. ASP.NET MVC 3

4. AuthorizeNetTestMode = true (Sandbox on)

Can you provide a solution for this problem ?

Thanks, Roman

romapavelko
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found a solution, when production server works good. It is ignoring the certificate validation.

ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = delegate { return true; };

But I think, it is not the best idea. There should be more accurate solution...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

login to the server, open a web browser. browse to the authorize.net https url you are trying to get on, and see what error you are getting.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

i can't login directly to the server. i have only ftp access to it. can i perform it in another way?

That not a authorize.net error, is it a .net error. 

If you don't have access to the server, you probably need to do

http://www.bing.com/search?q=The+underlying+connection+was+closed

I found a solution, when production server works good. It is ignoring the certificate validation.

ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = delegate { return true; };

But I think, it is not the best idea. There should be more accurate solution...

sound like the server need to accept the SSL certificate from authorize.net