cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible not to use the SDK?

I have been working on migration over the last couple months since A.N eliminated the previous methods at the end of May 2017.

I never used the SDK because of the complexity.   The number of lines in my previous code to process credit cards is less than the number of files in the SDK.

All I need to do is AUTH_CAPTURE and VOID.  That's it.  I do not need all the other crap.

Unfortunately, all my solution testing returns null values from A.N so I have no possible way to diagnose errors.

Has anyone been successful creating a simple A.N interface?

mvpetrovich
17 REPLIES 17

Okay, good. glad to hear it.  You're welcome.

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers

@mvpetrovich That's good to hear. Still, I'm sorry this proved tricky and frustrating for you. I've requested we look into adding TLS error logging to the SDKs, to better catch issues like what you ran into.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.

I want to thank you for your help.  I migrated to a new server that supported TLS 1.2.  With the starting point you gave, I wrote a PHP class of about 300 lines, to send and process responses for charging and voiding credit cards.  That was all the features I needed, and the system was kept very simple.

Hi Lilith, the links you provided require the SDK for ASP.Net.  Do you have a link for ASP.Net code that does not require the SDK?  I am working with a client that has been using Authorize.net for credit card charges for 8+ years with simple API calls and does not have the resources or capability to install a SDK kit to process credit cards.  Everything was working well until the TLS change a week ago.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Cheers, 

Paul

Hi @pzonis

Have you looked at our sample code for C# 

https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sample-code-csharp/

https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sample-code-csharp/blob/master/PaymentTransactions/ChargeCreditCard....

Hope it helps !!

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net
Just clicked on the link. It is a 404 error.

That code requires the SDK anyway.  It is very simple, you are just posting JSON or XML to the approriate endpoint and parsing the reponse. Which methods would your client's application be using, createTransactionRequest or getHostedPaymentPageRequest?