cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Fill Accept.js fields

Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find it by Googling and the forum was changing the search "accept.js prefill" to "accept.PS refill" ;)

Can I pre-fill first & last name and the zip code field(s)?  We already collect that and don't want to have the customer re-enter it.  I'm looking at the hosted Accept.js form.  TIA

rob
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have your payment form, such as: Sample form (nexwebhost.com),

where you can pre-populate the shipping or billing address information. These could be read only or hidden form fields. In the button parameters you would have: 

data-billingAddressOptions='{"show":false, "required":false}'
which would prevent the address fields from being shown on the credit card iframe form.

Once the pay button is clicked, the form data, including the address information is then sent along with the token request to Authorize.net's request.api, which returns the payment nonce (token) and any additional data you sent(such as the address information) to your payment processing script: 

dataValue: eyJjb2RlIjoiNTBfMl8wNjAwEB...
dataDescriptor: COMMON.ACCEPT.INAPP.PAYMENT
firstName: Thomas
lastName: Bayles
address: 12 Main Street
city: Pecan Springs
state: TX
zip: 4462

Then your payment processing script would post a createTransactionRequest with the token in place of the card data and the relevant address information.

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers

View solution in original post

NexusSoftware
Trusted Contributor
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @rob

Yes, prefilling the form for Accept.js is very simple. Just pre-populate the form fields by dynamically generating the page or you can make an Ajax request to retrieve the values based on a criteria, such as customer ID.

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers
NexusSoftware
Trusted Contributor

Thank you @NexusSoftware! Can you confirm this works for "Accept.js *Hosted*" (link below)?

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/acceptjs.html#Integrating_the_Hosted_Payment_...

I assume for security / PCI that I don't have access to the form elements of the iframe.

Stripe has a version of this where you pass the pre-filled fields via the form itself similar to how `data-acceptUIFormBtnTxt` works (https://stripe.com/docs/legacy-checkout#integration-simple-options).

Thank you!

Yes, you can pass all of the same fields with an Accept nonce/token that you can with a credit card. When sending an Accept nonce/token, you can use any of the fields specified in the API Reference: Create an Accept Payment Transaction.

When you have the address fields set to display in the form, you can pre-populate them in your token request. If the fields are not set to display, any address information sent in the token request is discarded.