Did you mean: 

Problem parsing payment methods from result of getCustomerProfile call

I'm using the PHP SDK to contact the gateway like so:

// create a request object
$request = new AuthorizeNetCIM(API_LOGIN_ID, TRANSACTION_KEY);
$request->setSandbox(AUTHORIZENET_SANDBOX);
$request->setLogFile(AUTHORIZENET_LOG_FILE);
$response = $request->getCustomerProfile($authorizenet_customer_profile_id);

This brings back a result, but the PHP SDK doesn't seem to be able to do anything very useful with it:

$response->getCustomerProfileIds() returns NULL even with a valid response

$response->getCustomerPaymentProfileIds() returns NULL even with a valid response

$response->getCustomerShippingAddressIds() returns NULL even with a valid response

$response->getCustomerAddressId() returns FALSE even with a valid response

$response->getCustomerProfileId() actually does return a profile id but that's useless.  i had to have the profile id to call the original gateway function.

$response->getPaymentProfileId() actually returns *one* of the payment profile ids regardless of how many are returned.

Given this sad peformance, I attempted to do some var_dumps on the object returned and some casting to sort things out.  This has turned out to be a nightmare because the response XML is totally different when a user has a single payment account versus when they have several.  This code works great when a user has several accounts.  When they have one, it creates a useless 3-element array:

$prof_array = (array)$response->xml->profile;
$payment_profiles = $prof_array["paymentProfiles"];

$result = array();
foreach($payment_profiles as $prof){
    $arr = array();
    $arr["payment_profile_id"] = (int)$prof->customerPaymentProfileId;

if ($prof->payment->creditCard) {
        $arr["type"] = "creditCard";
        $arr["card_number"] = (string)$prof->payment->creditCard->cardNumber;
    } elseif ($prof->payment->bankAccount) {
        $ba = $prof->payment->bankAccount;
        $arr["type"] = "bankAccount";
        $arr["account_type"] = (string)$ba->accountType;
        $arr["routing_number"] = (string)$ba->routingNumber;
        $arr["account_number"] = (string)$ba->accountNumber;
        $arr["name_on_account"] = (string)$ba->nameOnAccount;
        $arr["bank_name"] = (string)$ba->bankName; 
    }

$result[] = $arr;
}

Can anyone tell me the proper way to extract the masked card number (e.g., XXXX1234) and/or bank account details from a getCustomerProfile call?  I'm really disappointed with the PHP SDK.

sneakyimp
Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

Bump!

Seriously, can anyone tell me if I'm missing something in the PHP SDK?  Alternatively, can anyone recommend the most efficient technique for retrieving a well-structured data object listing of all the payment profiles that belong to a given customer profile id? The technique needs to work whether the customer has multiple profiles or just one.

sneakyimp
Contributor

This seems to be working for me. $pprofile is payment profile, and you'll have to do some twiddling with the specific values, but thiis works with one or multiple profiles.

$profile = $request->getCustomerProfile($profile_id_here);

if (!$profile->isOk())
        $errors[] = $profile->xml->messages->message->text;

else for ($i = 0; $pprofile = $profile->xml->profile->paymentProfiles[$i]; $i++) {
        if ($pprofile->payment->bankAccount)
            $display['profiles'][] = array($pprofile->customerPaymentProfileId, "Bank Account {$pprofile->payment->bankAccount->routingNumber}-{$pprofile->payment->bankAccount->accountNumber}");
        elseif ($pprofile->payment->creditCard)
            $display['profiles'][] = array($pprofile->customerPaymentProfileId, "Credit Card XXXXXXXX{$pprofile->payment->creditCard->cardNumber}");
    }