cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with previously working OSCommerce installation and SIM Processing

Hello,

I had a previously working installation of OSCommerce working with authorize.net SIM processing. As far as I know nothing has changed. Orders stopped processing through our website. When trying to complete a transaction

on the following page https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll, I get the error "An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error.".

After discussing this in chat, they were able to point me to a page which did not provide any help. https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A663 . I do not think the transaction is timing out, since it takes less than a second after hitting the submit button to get the error back.

I verified that the x_relay_url hidden field on https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll is getting properly populated and the URLs for both the reposnse/recepit URLS both load from a web browser and are accessible. I even tried changing them to other URLS which load on the website, but that did not change the error message.

I am not sure what my next step should be to troubleshoot why the transactions stopped working. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

mmitcoheinz
12 REPLIES 12

Thanks for your help. That was the only thing I can think of, possibly a blacklisted IP address somewhere. Is it possible for authorize.net to even do that? The person I talked to in Chat didnt mention this at all.

From other users I heard people getting 408-409 errors when trying to access our website. Maybe authorize.net tried to redirect the user back to the store and they got a 408-409 and then blacklisted us?

Thanks again for your help. I am not too sure where to turn next.

I have a client that is in the middle of the same problem.

On my client's behalf, I contacted Network Solutions, and they told me that they've had latency problems with their servers. This would cause the time-outs from Authorize.net. (There is a 10-second time-out, which should be more than sufficient.) Network Solutions said the latency problem should be fixed in a few days. A few days later, I was still experiencing the same problem. That is, customers would try to make a payment and be told that there is a problem with the site, and I would get an email saying that the transaction timed out.

This time, I pulled the activity logs from Network Solutions and found out that there was no incoming connection from Authorize.net. Nothing. Nada. It wasn't a matter of latency; it was a matter of Authorize.net being blocked by a firewall at Network Solutions. Armed with this new information, I approached Network Solutions, and suddenly their story changed. They said that they had received some malicious traffic from Authorize.net and therefore blocked them in the firewall. However, for $70, they would pay a technician to resolve the situation in a few days.

I smell a rat. This is the latest in a series of issues I've experienced with Network Solutions. I told my client that I can switch him over to a more reputable ISP, like GoDaddy, in a few days. As soon as he gives me the go-ahead, it's adios Network Solutions.

Thanks very much for your input. I knew this couldnt be a problem with just us. I think I am just going to move the hosting away from netsol and over to someone else. I know our netsol email has been terrible over the last month also and we are in the process of moving that too.