cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing EBT and debit cards?

This is for a retail (food oriented) POS environment. My .Net app will be on a PC and communicate with the reader.

I've found a few things that suggest debit cards are processed exactly like credit cards but only if they are Visa/MC and don't require the consumer to enter a PIN (which seems utterly ludicrous at this point in time). So whatever track I read from the card I send it just like a track from a standard CC?

I've only found one thread that said EBT is supported but nothing on how that is done so is it just like a CC also?

So it boils down to any card that is swiped, I just need to send track1 or track2 and the amount. I don't need to know or care about what kind of card it is. Is this correct?

topshot
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi topshot,

You can accept any gift cards, prepaid cards, debit cards or any other card payment with your Authorize.Net account as long as the cards have a logo of one of the major card types such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Diners Club and EnRoute). When your customer's cards have this logo, they are processed through our system like 'credit' cards. We do not currently support PIN-based debit card transactions.

Thanks,

Joy

View solution in original post

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
1 REPLY 1

Hi topshot,

You can accept any gift cards, prepaid cards, debit cards or any other card payment with your Authorize.Net account as long as the cards have a logo of one of the major card types such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Diners Club and EnRoute). When your customer's cards have this logo, they are processed through our system like 'credit' cards. We do not currently support PIN-based debit card transactions.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator