cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product subscription integration with Shopify

I'm helping a client set up a store selling CBD products on Shopify and want to set up subscriptions for them. But due to recent policy changes, Shopify no longer allows subscription apps like Bold and PayWhirl to use third-party payment gateways like Authorize.net. All those apps must now use Shopify Payments gateway. Because this is CBD we can't use Shopify Payments and need to use Authorize.net instead.

So none of current subscription apps in Shopify can offer what the client needs to manage subscriptions in Shopify. I was wondering if it's possible to somehow setup Authorize.net's Simple Checkout to work with subscriptions and manage through Authorize.net instead of Shopify?

btq
2 REPLIES 2

Hey. It's possible, you can avoid using subscription apps, and just add tags for subscriptions tags (for example "subscription-product"). Then you should create some custom app that will allow to redirect product (with tags "subscription-product") payments to authorize.net

lendon1112

I totally get your frustration with the recent policy changes on Shopify, especially when dealing with CBD products.

Munning