cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production TESTMODE transactions are not showing up

Hello,

I am using Java API to submit payments to our production account in TEST mode. I do receive payment receipts, but I don't see transactions in any of the reports on the Authorize.net web interface. I do, however, see transactions in the SANDBOX account when I change my code to submit payments to sandbox account.

Why such discrepancy between sandbox and prodtest?

Thanks

alecswan77
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All transactions processed in test mode, in both the production and test environments, will return a transaction ID of 0 and an authorization code of 000000. Test mode transactions will not be found upon review of the account because test mode data is purged upon entry into the system.

If you are sending transactions to a test environment account and you can see them in the account, and they are being assigned transaction ID's, you are not submitting them in test mode. The previous response to this post is also accurate to the extent that there is no need to send transactions to the test environment in test mode as all transactions processed through the system are test transactions, however test mode and the test environment are not one in the same. Test mode is a feature available in both the production and test environment accounts and the test environment is a specific environment where you can send your test data to test your integration if you have obtained a test account.

I hope this helps to clear up this question for you.

Thank you,

Elaine

View solution in original post

Elaine
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

In the live account test transactions are not logged to prevent them from polluting the transaction history. In the test account they're all test transactions so it's no big deal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

So, is it normal that the transaction id returned in the API call response from PROD TEST account is 0 (zero)?

(Note that the same call returns different positive numbers from SANDBOX account.)

Thanks

All transactions processed in test mode, in both the production and test environments, will return a transaction ID of 0 and an authorization code of 000000. Test mode transactions will not be found upon review of the account because test mode data is purged upon entry into the system.

If you are sending transactions to a test environment account and you can see them in the account, and they are being assigned transaction ID's, you are not submitting them in test mode. The previous response to this post is also accurate to the extent that there is no need to send transactions to the test environment in test mode as all transactions processed through the system are test transactions, however test mode and the test environment are not one in the same. Test mode is a feature available in both the production and test environment accounts and the test environment is a specific environment where you can send your test data to test your integration if you have obtained a test account.

I hope this helps to clear up this question for you.

Thank you,

Elaine

Elaine
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I don't get it. What's the point of having a test account on test.authorize.net if you can't see any transactions posted?

I set up a test account, I made sure the posting URL is set to the sandbox and the test account testmode is OFF.

Post an order, it goes through without errors, but STILL no way to see the transaction in my test account.

As long as test mode is off for the test account, you can log in to https://test.authorize.net/ to see the transaction. Did the test transaction get a ID other then 0?