Question on Integrating with quickbooks

So I’m working on a project as a layer on top of quickbooks. Its takes care of things that are more industry-specific. The only reason this project is a layer on top of quickbooks and not a standalone project is because the accounting department doesn’t want to veer from quickbooks. So basically i have a database with all quickbooks’ fields plus some extra fields, and have a worker service that syncs all the shared data from my program’s db to quickbooks db every few minutes. The problem with this is that i essentially have two databases (my own and quickbooks). Is this considered bad practice? i don’t see any other way I could accomplish this because The alternative would be more complicated- id have to garner data from quickbooks then match it with applicable added fields of my database then serve it to the client. Any insight would be awesome. TIA

Re: Question on Integrating with quickbooks

[ Edited ]

Perhaps it would be better to build a custom system running next to QB. Because a company like this has outgrown this service. And you just need to contact their essay writer accounting department.