cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about new Reporting API

I'm looking for a way to run a nightly settlement report via an API, but the new reporting options seem to only allow me to query the results of a Batch or a specific transaction. What I'd like to be able to do is get the data for all transactions within a specified date range. TransactionID, transaction type, amount, etc. My application currently processes individual transactions in real time using hte AIM integration.

My goal is to create a nightly reconciliation between my application and the data from Authorize.Net.

Is there a way to do this via an API?

tproell
11 REPLIES 11

Sure, just use the new batch reporting API call to get the transaction IDs within the specified date range and then use the new transaction report API to get the specific information you are looking for from each transaction in the batch settlement report. 

Pseudo code:

Get Batch Report
Foreach transaction
    Make transaction API call
    Get transaction information

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

We have the same problem. We don't see transaction details in the batch API call response. 

Check the example posted on the Authorize side:

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/News-and-Announcements/New-API-Call-getSettledBatchList/...

There are no ID's in that example either.

Hey there,

Check out our latest release here. This should help you with your issue as this release ties all three calls together so you can get what you need.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

That does solve the problem we are having of connecting the three but now my issue lies with getTransactionDetails not having all the data the Silent Post gets. The one I need is SUBSCRIPTION ID so the transactions your API finds can be tied to the user's Subscription. Thoughts?

You're not capturing the subscription ID when the subscription is created?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

We have the subscription ID but when you look at a transaction detail, it doesn't have the subscription ID tied to it. So how do I use the API to find ARB subscriptions and add them to our system if the transaction detail doesn't tell me what Subscription ID the transaction belongs to?

Gotcha. So you're looking for the link to connect the two. Hopefully someone who is more familiar with the reporting API can make a suggestion.

Unfortunately there is no way currently to retreive the subscription ID with a transaction details request.  This is certainly something that may be added, but I don't have any kind of timeline that I can provide.  My best recomendation for the moment is to make use of the invoice number field so that you can keep track of which subscription goes with which transaction. You can specify your own invoice number when creating a subscription and this will end up int he transaction details for each transaction that it generates.

Just curious if any headway has been made on this issue (tying tranactions to subscriptions).  I have been using the invoice number for this, but was curious if this would soon be available through the API.  Thanks.