cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick CIM & CVV Question Before I Go Live

Hey,

I just want to confirm that when using CIM to create a transaction with existing profile_id, payment_id and shipping_id values, I can just seed the system with '123' as cvv, right? See, in test mode, if I have no vlaue for cvv, even though my sandbox account does *not* require cvv, I get an error:

"createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest Response Summary: Response code: E00003 Message: The 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:cardCode' element is invalid - The value '' is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The Pattern constraint failed."

So if I seed the test CIM transaction with '123' as the cvv, it is happy. My question is, when I am live, do I just do the same thing to get an approval? Where I just seed a phony 'cvv' since it's not possible to recapture their cvv on file when using a transaction with *existing* payment profile customers. Obviously, for new customers, I will ask for the CVV but for existing, do I just add the phony value to get an approval? Also, if that is the case, does the seeded fake cvv # replace the one they originally had on file?

Thanks.

jbh1977
Contributor
1 REPLY 1

There should be no need to pass a CVV at all for transactions, since the only time a CVV is needed is when initializing or changing the credit card info. If the API is requiring you to pass a CVV, something is probably wrong with it. For now, I'd say just feed it a dummy value and don't worry about it.

TJPride
Expert