cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account Updater

@RichardH Can we please get some documentation!

I have a tonne of questions:

First of all, I use CIM and no ARB. I process 'subscription' payments via customer payment profiles manually using my own scheduler about every 2 months.

• You say to check the developer blog, but I don't see a single article!

• What legal disclaimer do we need to give our customers when we use this service? 
  • Expiration date updates sound pretty straightforward, but how do PAN updates work? What if a criminal stole a card number and used it on our site and then the card was cancelled by the customer. Would the account updater update the card and then we would end up charging the new card illegally? Or does chargeback kick in and prevent account updater from updating.
  • Does the updater really run only once a month?
    That makes no sense to me. If someone loses a card on 1st month and it doesn't update until the 15th then how does that customer get updated?

• With CIM profiles that the customer has 'cancelled' with us - I assume those will still get updated and the fee charged. Is there a way to mark a CIM profile as 'inactive' for the purposes of updating - or do we have to delete it outright? Deleting it is not a favorable option because customers often come back to re-activate. 
  • Can we manually request an update if a particular transaction fails?
    I don't want to run all payment profiles through the updater as many of them are inactive.

Thanks! This is a fantastic feature that will make me popular with my boss - but there's just too many unanswered questions.

simeyla
Contributor
24 REPLIES 24

@Aaron wrote:

Hi @kris-btp,

Using this list, you can at least test a variety of scenarios when the process actually does run.

@Aaron

It is certainly frustrating to check the Sandbox and see the Account Updator has not ran. What are we looking at for this event to run?

Hi @kris-btp,

The account updater process only runs once per month. To see what's been updated on your account, you can call the account updater reporting APIs, or just check the reports in your Merchant Interface.

@Aaron wrote:

Hi @kris-btp,

The account updater process only runs once per month. To see what's been updated on your account, you can call the account updater reporting APIs, or just check the reports in your Merchant Interface.

Hi @Aaron,

I understand this. I'm expressing my disappointment with checking if the updater has ran every day in my testing environments. My feature planning is in perpetual pause mode until this event is ran and I can visualize the changes this tool is supposed to provide.

I enabled the Account Updator in my account after your message on Aug 22, today is Sept 19th, and I've yet to have any updates in my account.

The purpose of my last point was to raise the point that I'm dissatisfied with waiting an exhorbitant amount of time to test this piece of functionality. I understand the goal of feature parity between prod and sandbox, but I really believe this timed event should be available more frequently for testing.

Hi @kris-btp,

Understood and agreed. The process generally runs in the middle of the month, with results available the following month. In your case, that means it's almost a month and a half between the time you first turned on Account Updater and the time you get to see it working. That's got to be frustrating.

Unfortunately, there's no current way to manually kick off an update, but I can definitely see the usefulness in such a scenario.

I'd encourage you to post this onto our Ideas Forum where others can take a look, contribute feedback, and vote for new features. Generally speaking, the more we hear from people about what they want/need, the greater the chance that we can push internally to get changes like this to be prioritized higher.

Hi Aaron,

Does Account updater for a NAN status change the payment  profile Id of  a customer profile ID?

Hi @pradeep82,

No, it does not. The payment profile ID stays the same.

Cool. Thanks

I have account updater enabled in my sandbox account as of 9/26.  As of today 10/18 I have not noticed any of the credit card numbers updated in my CIM profiles using credit card numbers that should be updated by account updater.  

For reference I am using the following credit card numbers that should be updated to new numbers 4000001864810239 and 5111111015486814.

Should I see new credit card numbers in CIM profiles using those credit card numbers? 

hl47

Hi @hl47,

The account updater service runs once a month, in the middle of the month, and reports are available at the beginning of the following month.

So, your profiles are possibly updated now, or if not will be in the next couple of days. However, the reporting will be available after October is over.

However, it's my understanding that the profile will still be updated before the reporting is available. If you query for the profile details, or look them up in the Merchant Interface, have the profiles using those numbers changed to a new number yet?

Hi Aaron,

I understand that the report will be available in November.  However I was expecting the credit card numbers to be updated in the CIM profiles with the new credit card numbers by now.  I am checking this by logging into my sandbox merchant interface->CIM->looking up the profileID.  

The CIM profile still shows a mask for the old credit card number 5111111015486814.