cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account Updater

@RichardH Can we please get some documentation!

I have a tonne of questions:

First of all, I use CIM and no ARB. I process 'subscription' payments via customer payment profiles manually using my own scheduler about every 2 months.

• You say to check the developer blog, but I don't see a single article!

• What legal disclaimer do we need to give our customers when we use this service? 
  • Expiration date updates sound pretty straightforward, but how do PAN updates work? What if a criminal stole a card number and used it on our site and then the card was cancelled by the customer. Would the account updater update the card and then we would end up charging the new card illegally? Or does chargeback kick in and prevent account updater from updating.
  • Does the updater really run only once a month?
    That makes no sense to me. If someone loses a card on 1st month and it doesn't update until the 15th then how does that customer get updated?

• With CIM profiles that the customer has 'cancelled' with us - I assume those will still get updated and the fee charged. Is there a way to mark a CIM profile as 'inactive' for the purposes of updating - or do we have to delete it outright? Deleting it is not a favorable option because customers often come back to re-activate. 
  • Can we manually request an update if a particular transaction fails?
    I don't want to run all payment profiles through the updater as many of them are inactive.

Thanks! This is a fantastic feature that will make me popular with my boss - but there's just too many unanswered questions.

simeyla
Contributor
24 REPLIES 24

Hi Aaron,

I am following up on my previous post.  I am still not seeing the updates in the CIM profiles in my sandbox.  

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm following up on my previous post.  It is 11/2 and account updater was turned on September 2017.  When I run Account Updater Report in the merchant interface sandbox for the month of October the report is still returning No records found.

Recap, I am using the credit cards that should be updated with new card numbers:

4000001864810239NANCard number updated
5111111015486814NANCard number updated

Has anyone been able to test the account updater functionality in the sandbox?   

Aaron, This process is a little confusing. I read the FAQ and signed up the first week of November. I was told the process would run beginning in the week which contained the 14th. I have been checking daily expecting a report.  Is there any notification when the data is availble.

I found this forum which is saying the process will run, when it completes the report will be posted. It then goes on to say you need to wait for the following month to see the report.  Could you explain why we need to wait so long.  Can't you make the data available when the run ends.

Since this is my first month I have concerns about the process and is it real. I have a number of sick accounts, I would like to know when and if they can be updated so I can avoid the manual process of getting the updated information from the clients.

I called Customer Service and asked specific questions. The lady on the phone had no clue, first she looked at some of my failed transactions, we must of spent a half hour, she was telling me what she thought and I was reading the FAQ to her.  Today I found this thread which provided a lot of information. I am still down to my basic question, when can I see the report, when is my customer records updated and how effective will it be.

I expect this feature will be a great help. Looking forward to more information.

bsicherman95

The testing guide also lists expected result of CUR with an action taken of payment profile disabled. Under what circumstances would this occur?

https://developer.authorize.net/hello_world/testing_guide/

Thank you!

You can use the getSubscription API now to get information of ultimate 20 transactions associated blog with it . The reaction will contain the error response for screw ups .

belika33