cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Back Merchant Defined Fields

New to the community and tried searching for teh answer, but I am lost and hoping to get some help.

I am using the sample code so far and got everything working as needed in my project ALTHOUGH I am trying to find out how to display the merchant defined field once hte transaction is submited.

Here is how I setup my merchant defined field:

$merchantDefinedField1 = new AnetAPI\UserFieldType();
$merchantDefinedField1->setName("MerchantID");
$merchantDefinedField1->setValue("$merchid");

Now using the sample code with the php sdk I am able to get the response back and everything works good BUT need to know how to display the merchant defined field.

Here is a snippet of the code where I am getting the response and displaying info. If someone can help me and tell me how to then display the "MerchantID" custom field I woudl be VERY MUCH appreciative.

// Create the controller and get the response
			    $controller = new AnetController\CreateTransactionController($request);
			    $response = $controller->executeWithApiResponse(\net\authorize\api\constants\ANetEnvironment::SANDBOX);

if ($response != null) {

// Check to see if the API request was successfully received and acted upon
			        if ($response->getMessages()->getResultCode() == "Ok") {
			            // Since the API request was successful, look for a transaction response
			            // and parse it to display the results of authorizing the card
			            $tresponse = $response->getTransactionResponse();

if ($tresponse != null && $tresponse->getMessages() != null) {
			                echo " Successfully Created Transaction With Transaction ID: " . $tresponse->getTransId() . "<br>";
			                echo " Transaction Response Code: " . $tresponse->getResponseCode() . "<br>";
			                echo " Message Code: " . $tresponse->getMessages()[0]->getCode() . "<br>";
			                echo " Authorization Code: " . $tresponse->getAuthCode() . "<br>";
			                echo " Status: <b>" . $tresponse->getMessages()[0]->getDescription() . "</b><br><br>";
jaybenoit
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jaybenoit,

This previous thread has a sample of a foreach loop to iterate through the response and pull the merchant fields out. If that's not making sense to you, let me know, and we'll walk through it together.

View solution in original post

Aaron
All Star
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @jaybenoit,

This previous thread has a sample of a foreach loop to iterate through the response and pull the merchant fields out. If that's not making sense to you, let me know, and we'll walk through it together.

Aaron
All Star

Thank you VERY MUCH!!!!

That was exactly what I needed.

jaybenoit