cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receipt return not working.

So I'm trying to get the receipt page to return with 'x_receipt_link_url':

<form id="autorizeDotNetForm" method='post' action='https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll' ng-show="checkoutModel.paymentMethodId == 1">
		<hr />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_login' ng-value='paymentModel.x_login' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_description' ng-value='paymentModel.x_description' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_first_name' ng-value='checkoutModel.firstName' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_last_name' ng-value='checkoutModel.lastName' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_company' ng-value='checkoutModel.company' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_address' ng-value='checkoutModel.address' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_city' ng-value='checkoutModel.city' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_zip' ng-value='checkoutModel.postCode' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_country' ng-value='checkoutModel.country.name' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_state' ng-value='checkoutModel.region.name' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_method' value="CC" />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_email' ng-value='checkoutModel.eMail' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_fax' ng-value='checkoutModel.fax' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_phone' ng-value='checkoutModel.phone' />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_cancel_url' ng-value="checkoutModel.cancelUrl" />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_receipt_link_url' ng-value="checkoutModel.resultUrl" />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_receipt_link_method' value="GET" />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_show_form' value='PAYMENT_FORM' />
        <input type='hidden' name='x_invoice_num' id="x_invoice_num" />
        <input type='hidden' name='x_amount' id="x_amount" />
        <input type='hidden' name='x_fp_sequence' id="x_fp_sequence" />
        <input type='hidden' name='x_fp_timestamp' id="x_fp_timestamp" />
        <input type='hidden' name='x_fp_hash' id="x_fp_hash" />
		<div class="row">
			<div class="col-xs-4">
				<button type="button" class="btn-default-1" ng-disabled="isCurrentState('checkout.address')" ng-click="back(); $event.preventDefault();">Back</button>
				<input type='button' class="btn-default-1" ng-if="isCurrentState('checkout.review')" ng-click="createOrderAndSubmit()" value="Pay" />
			</div>
		</div>
	</form>

I have added the url's to the account's approved return addresses.

I've read online that when in testing mode it doesn't return, but that it should in live mode. Not sure if this is true or not. But we then went live on it and ran a test transaction that way... and we still didn't get a return at the end.

Note, we also use the silent post to actually capture successful purchases, which works fine. Not sure if maybe having both a receipt url and a silent post changes anything.

Has anyone had any similar issues with it successfully returning? Is there maybe another setting I have to tick in the account? Because as it stands, it just goes straight to an auth.net success page, and that's it.

lordofduct
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We wanted it for displaying a link so they could return to the website. We use Silent Post to actually gather the information. Thank you for assuming that I didn't want a receipt page, and that I wanted something completely unrelated.

And I resolved the issue.

The link shows now... we didn't have the 'x_receipt_link_text' set, and I guess the values can't have parameters at all in it. The people who wrote the website used angular and the /#/ anchor to define sub sections of a page (for whatever reason). So I had to just create a clean link for it to redirect to with out said anchor.

Unfortunately this information was very difficult to find in the documentation.

For those interested, we changed our Form as follows:

<input type='hidden' name='x_receipt_link_URL' ng-value="A URL with NO paramters or # anchors" />
        <input type='hidden' name='x_receipt_link_text' value="Text For the Link" />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_receipt_link_method' value="LINK" />

The link must not have paramters.
The 'x_receipt_link_text' must be defined.
And we used the LINK method, because we don't need to have any of the information returned, and rather used Silent Post to gather that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi lordofduct,

A Receipt Link option, lets the customer return to the merchant's website after submitting payment with the option to send transaction response details back to the site. This link will be displayed in the receipt page header and the post will only occur if the customer actively clicks on that link.

If you want the response every time a transaction is processed in your gateway, I would recommend using the Relay Response instead. It relays the content from your specified Relay URL to the customer through our receipt page, instead of displaying our default receipt page.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

We wanted it for displaying a link so they could return to the website. We use Silent Post to actually gather the information. Thank you for assuming that I didn't want a receipt page, and that I wanted something completely unrelated.

And I resolved the issue.

The link shows now... we didn't have the 'x_receipt_link_text' set, and I guess the values can't have parameters at all in it. The people who wrote the website used angular and the /#/ anchor to define sub sections of a page (for whatever reason). So I had to just create a clean link for it to redirect to with out said anchor.

Unfortunately this information was very difficult to find in the documentation.

For those interested, we changed our Form as follows:

<input type='hidden' name='x_receipt_link_URL' ng-value="A URL with NO paramters or # anchors" />
        <input type='hidden' name='x_receipt_link_text' value="Text For the Link" />
		<input type='hidden' name='x_receipt_link_method' value="LINK" />

The link must not have paramters.
The 'x_receipt_link_text' must be defined.
And we used the LINK method, because we don't need to have any of the information returned, and rather used Silent Post to gather that.