Contributor
pberce

Receiving unwanted Merchant Email Receipt indicating Test transaction success.

Everytime I update a customer payment profile in CIM via the Authorize.net web interface I receive a Merchant Email Receipt stating:

************* TEST MODE *************

**Please DO NOT REPLY to this message. E-mail support@authorize.net if you have any questions.

========= SECURITY STATEMENT ==========

It is not recommended that you ship product(s) or otherwise grant services relying solely upon this e-mail receipt.

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant : MY MERCHANT NAME (MY MERCHANT NUMBER)

Date/Time : 28-Jan-2011 04:46:18 AM

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========

Invoice : none

Description : Test transaction for ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile.

Amount : 1.00 (USD)

Payment Method : Visa

Type : Authorization Only

============== RESULTS ==============

Response : This transaction has been approved.

Authorization Code : 000000

Transaction ID : 0

Address Verification : AVS Not Applicable

Etc, Etc...

The problem is I am not requesting it and I cannot find how to turn this off.  I've sent in an e-ticket about this and have been basically told "It's something your doing" even though it is happening when I am using the Authorize.net web interface.

During the edit process there is a selection that states "Perform credit card authorization before saving data.".  I am leaving this NOT checked.

I have verified that my account is NOT in Test Mode, it hasn't been since I started processing credit card charges 4 months ago.

When doing other unlrelated programatic transactions I am NOT using the Test Mode URLs. I only mention this because that was one thing that was brought up in my e-ticket.

Yet I still receive these "Test transaction for ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile" messages.

While this is not a ground breaking issue it does cause me some problems with my client who is one of the people who receives email notifications because his email is tied to the merchant account.

Administrator
Michelle

Re: Receiving unwanted Merchant Email Receipt indicating Test transaction success.

Hey pberce,

During creation of the payment profile from within the Merchant Interface, if “Perform credit card authorization before saving data.” is not checked , then a $1.00 Test Mode transaction will be submitted to verify that the credit information is in a valid format. This Test Mode transaction does not show on the customer's credit card statement, but it will generate a transaction receipt e-mail to the merchant. The test transaction will only verify that the credit card information is in the correct format—it will not verify that it is a valid card. To verify the card, you must check the box next to “Perform credit card authorization before saving data.”

I've sent a note to our documentation team to request an update to our help files in the Merchant Interface for that page, because there isn't really anywhere that tells you that.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Contributor
pberce

Re: Receiving unwanted Merchant Email Receipt indicating Test transaction success.

Michelle, thank you for the response.  So there is no way to supress this message?  I wonder why I wasn't told this when I originally asked about it.

Administrator
Michelle

No there is no way to suppress the email. Sorry!