cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recurring Billing Subscription with multiple trial payments

Hi,

We need a Recurring billing subscription with single trial period (say 200$) and 10 monthly payments(100$). But there is a chance of having a different payment amount(say 125$) inbetween monthly payments and remaining installments remains unchanged. Current Update subscrition API allows us to update remaining payments but does not allows us to have a trial period in between. Kindly suggest me how to deal with this. Also heared of Customer Profile ., will this help me.

Use case Scenario:
assume an insurance policy worth 1200$ is purchased by an user. which will be charged from user like 200$ as downpayment(first payment/month) and remaining 1000$ in 10 installments (100$ per month). There is a chance where this policy can be endorsed in between payments by the user and the policy worth can increase or decrease (1200$ may turn up to 1500$ or may turn down to 1000$). In this case, on the month of endorsement there will be an downpayment (say 150$) to be charged and remaining payments may be updated to a constant amount(say 120$).

Thanks,
Suresh babu R

sureshrb3
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sureshrb3,

If you have the customer profiles feature turned on for your account, then when you create a subscription, you'll get in the response a customer profile ID and a payment profile ID. Then, if you want to charge the card associated with the subscription in between subscription payments, you can create a transaction using the profile information in place of the card information (as detailed in the Charge a Customer Profile documentation).

So in your use case, you would just do a one time charge of the customer profile for the new down payment, then update the subscription for the correct amount of the remaining transactions.

View solution in original post

Aaron
All Star
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @sureshrb3,

If you have the customer profiles feature turned on for your account, then when you create a subscription, you'll get in the response a customer profile ID and a payment profile ID. Then, if you want to charge the card associated with the subscription in between subscription payments, you can create a transaction using the profile information in place of the card information (as detailed in the Charge a Customer Profile documentation).

So in your use case, you would just do a one time charge of the customer profile for the new down payment, then update the subscription for the correct amount of the remaining transactions.

Aaron
All Star

Hi @Aaron,

Thanks for your answer. It was really helpful.

Now im having a doubt regarding the same.

> In my scenario explained previously., There is a chance of user calcelling the policy. Then the user can reinstate the same cancelled policy within some time duration from cancellation(say 30 days). Since we will be having a Subscription (with customer profile ID and a payment profile ID) for a policy., How to handle when the user cancel the policy. Also when he reinstates the same cancelled policy. Is there any possible ways to keep my subscription paused for some duration and then to resume the same subscription.

Thanks in advance.

Suresh Babu R

Well said, sir

I already read this article but now my concepts are clear thanks for bills and payments