cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Giving using Finalsite Gift Page and Authorize.net

We are getting conflicting information from several sources. Authorize.net says that we can have automatic recurring giving where a person enters the gift indicates recurring giving and it automatically does everything, the database person does not have to go into Authorize and manually do anything. We spoke to several people that use both Finalsite as the webhost and Authorize and they say you have to manually do it.  When I again asked Authorize they said we can hire one of their developers and sent me a link which had tons of developers, not sure how to pick someone that can help us.

I am looking for advise.  How do we get this to work? In simple terms as I am not a programmer.

Thank you

PDS01
4 REPLIES 4

Both sets of information were correct.  From a pure Authorize.Net perspective, our ARB Automated Recurring Billing is completely automated, no need to do anything other than enter amount, payment details and recurrence details.  However if your front end (user interface) is Finalsite then you are going to be limted by how much of the Authorize.Net system they use.  If they only have a single payment integration it can still be pretty easy but  you will have to find that transaction in Authorize.Net interface, click on it and create a recurrence out of it.  Also the end user would need to be aware/informed you are doing that.  Really it's the FinalSite support folks that should be able to answer your questions fully as the experience is only limited by how they present it to the user and how they integrate with Authorize.Net.

Hope this helps,

Brian

brianmc
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Brian thank you,

Finalsite says it is an Authorize.net issue as we have the gift page setup with recurring as an option, but it only comes through as a single gift. So you can see as the client we are a bit frustrated. We were told to get a developer by Authorize, but shouldn't Finalsite know how to add the API which I assume is the issue to our website? 

They absolutely should.  Can you ask FinalSite to articulate exactly what they say the issue is on the Authorize.Net side?   We can certainly address any issue they have, but they should be able to supply you with details on the issue to get us started with a solution.

Sorry for the delay in updating. I needed to wait until the recurring gift went through on our test.  It appears that there was miscommunication all around. That is why I don't like going through other people and I finally picked up the phone myself and spoke to a person at Finalsite.  Finalsite does store and push out the recurring gifts, so after waiting a month because clearly it is imposible to test less than 30 days, sigh, it worked. Now it is just the wording on the week before notification but not Authorizes problem.  Thanks for your help.