cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund using AIM for a unsettled transaction

Hello,

I need to refund an amount less than that of orginal transaction amount for an unsettled transaction using AIM. If I'm using CREDIT method, I can only refund to a settled transaction. For an unsettled transaction I need to use VOID method. But the VOID method is fully refund the orginal transaction amount. What should I do for refund an amount that is less than that of orginal transaction amount for an unsettled transaction?

Thanks,

Deepak

deepak_neo
3 REPLIES 3

I can see two options,

1)run the refund(credit) after it settled, which happend once a day.

2)Void and create a new transaction.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

I am using SIM mehod for payment. From your reply, to refund a partial amount for a transaction which is not settled, I need to void the transaction and create a new transaction. I cant able to involve the customer again in new transaction. We didn't store any card information in our system. We store only the Transaction ID of the payment. Is there any way to create a new transaction(the transaction after void) using the the first Transaction ID? Or any other suggestions for my issue?

Thanks,

Deepak 

Or any other suggestions for my issue?

Use auth_only with the SIM, then with the transaction from the SIM, use PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE on the AIM once you know the real amount.