cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund without credit card information

Hello, 

I have been tasked make a feature that will refund a processed credit card transaction.

Our back-end does not save credit card information, so I would like to know if there is any other way to issue refunds.

I do not have access yet to the account manager page yet , so I was wondering if this solution might work : 

I log in using my credentials ( when I recieve them from the lead ), find the invoice that I want to refund the transaction , retrieve the credit card information ( since authorize . net ) does store the information, and use this information for refunding. 

Any help or insight will be greatly welcomed! 

raheela
12 REPLIES 12

Were you able to fix this error?

HI,

I have to refund the transaction without using credit card details beacuse we don't save credit card details. These are following few things i need to clarify 

1.Actually you mentioned "obtain payment object using getTransactionDetails". Why i have to call another method. I think transaction Id is  and some other details like amout etc. are enough for refund. 

2.For example If i have to make 10 refunds for each transaction i need to fetch getTransactionDetails. For 1 refund transaction i have to call 2 methods. (getTransactionDetails +Refund a Transaction).

3. This is the response of  getTransactionDetails of payment details

"payment": { "creditCard": { "cardNumber": "XXXX1111", "expirationDate": "XXXX", "cardType": "Visa" } },

4. I have also obtained payment object in that credit card details are masked but when i tried to place this masked card number and make refund then it is showing following error

"errorText": "The credit card has expired."

I don't Know where i have done wrong.So, Can you please suggest me a solution for this.

I wish without this credit card details it would be simpler way to refund.

Thanks 

HI,

I have to refund the transaction without using credit card details beacuse we don't save credit card details. These are following few things i need to clarify 
1.Actually you mentioned "obtain payment object using getTransactionDetails". Why i have to call another method. I think transaction Id is  and some other details like amout etc. are enough for refund. 

2.For example If i have to make 10 refunds for each transaction i need to fetch getTransactionDetails. For 1 refund transaction i have to call 2 methods. (getTransactionDetails +Refund a Transaction).

3. This is the response of  getTransactionDetails of payment details

"payment": { "creditCard": { "cardNumber": "XXXX1111", "expirationDate": "XXXX", "cardType": "Visa" } },

4. I have also obtained payment object in that credit card details are masked but when i tried to place this masked card number and make refund then it is showing following error

"errorText": "The credit card has expired."

I don't Know where i have done wrong.So, Can you please suggest me a solution for this.

I wish without this credit card details it would be simpler way to refund.

Thanks 

@RichardH wrote:

Hello @raheela

A card number is required, OR you can send the previous transaction id and masked expiration.  Simply obtain the payment object using getTransactionDetails.

Richard