cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the 31 character name limit

I see there is a 31 character limit for product names. However, the nature of the product that is being sold makes this very inconvenient. I've noticed that any products with over 31 characters in the name (and possibly short description as well) will trigger the "Line item 1 is invalid" error. Is there a workaround to this? How can I display names over 31 characters?

jmkriz
4 REPLIES 4

One way is to use a short version of your product name in the API call item name and if necessary, put the full product name in the item description(Up to 255 characters).

Powered by NexWebSites.com -
Certified Authorize.net developers
NexusSoftware
Trusted Contributor

Then I sacrifice the full description, which I also need. Truly a hindrance. I'll be going with another gateway I guess.

jmkriz

Submit your idea to the product idea section at : https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Ideas/idb-p/ideas

Usually limits are implemented for a reason, some of which may not be obvious.

One thing for sure about Authorize.net, is they care. They care about their customers and they care about their developers. This has been demonstrated on this forum numerous times.

I have spoken to many engineers at competing gateways that not only don't have clue, but really don't care.

You may be able to find a larger character limit on line item names somewhere, but consider the trade off.