cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relay Response SHA-256 Hash Mismatch

Please assist with the issue that we are having during hash validation.
The hash validation works fine for the basic symbols. 
But If on the payment page(test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll) we fill characters with accents, the hash validation fails.
We receive a '�' symbol in the relay response instead of accents.
I am even not able to recreate a hash that matches the provided hash using the original symbol.
The characters are in the supported range, listed in the support article(Changes to Supported-Characters).

There was a related discussion at the end of a separate thread(Upgrading MD5 to new hash (SIM)), but unfortunately, I was not able to find a solution there.

Also, we have one more issue. When we send an address with two spaces, the second space is replaced with a '�' symbol in the relay response. The validation fails in this case, and it is not possible to create a matching hash after replacing a '�' with the original space.

adzisko
6 REPLIES 6
@adzisko

When you say accents are you using characters like those in my post below:

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Validating-European-Diacritics-...

This issue came up in a thread here and I developed a custom function to handle these characters. It’s been quite some time but the double spaces thing sounds sort of familiar. It has to do with encoding.
Renaissance
All Star

@Renaissance 

Thank you for the response.

Yes, I mean various Latin symbols with diacritics. What kind of function may help me to resolve this?

@adzisko

My function does various encoding manipulations. It is custom built and took me about 4 hours. The details are too much to explain here. Look in your inbox.
@adzisko

Your profile doesn’t have an IM button. Shoot me a message if you want to talk about this further.

I guess the short answer if you want it is to take whatever you get and reverse engineer the function to get you what you want. Read the post I linked. It has the one character I never could figure out how to deal with. I have something around 120 that I have used successfully.

Hello,

Can you please provide that code / function to me. I am having same issue and not able to validate the hash key.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Hello, 

I am having the same issue. Can you please send me the solution that you get for the issue ?

Thanks & Regards,

nathanmungia