cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relay Response (SIM)

I know there are a number of threads open in regards to SIM and the relay response URL, but since those seem to be resolved and I don't see where they resolved it, I thought I'd try a new thread.

I am having a problem getting the relay response URL to work through the SIM method in the development environment.

I set up my developer account to have a default relay response URL.  I've ensured it's a valid URL and is accessible to the outside world.  It's a simple HTML form just to ensure there are no other issues with response times.  Once the checkout page submits, it the progress bar sits for 5, maybe 10 seconds then it returns the standard error message.  The Transaction Error Notification email  I receive has this in it's text:

Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.

Transaction ID: 0

Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved.

I've tried it with the URL in the x_relay_response_url and without it.  I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

This is one of the last steps I need to get this process rolling (I need to validate the returned form) but until I hit this, I was doing OK.  I had customized the header and got all the form values loaded, so I'm not a complete idiot (though stymiee may disagree on that point from his days at SPF).  But this is baffling me.

davemaxwell
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For those working with it - this may be documented in the SIM, but I missed it and made some assumptions that shouldn't have been made.

Even though you set the relay response in the accounts setting area and set it to the default, this is NOT the be all and end all.

You must still spell out the hidden form fields (x_relay_response, x_relay_url).

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

This means your relay response script didn't send back a response properly, fast enough, or at all. The best way to test this is to post your own data to your script. That way you can see any error messages being generated and can correct them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Crud.  The page I was using was throwing an error.

That being said - I changed the page so it returns the word OK.  That's it.  Nothing else.  I tested it from another POST form, and I get the expected result.

I still get the same error message from the SIM page.

Are you sure the URL is correct in your parameters? Is it going over port 80 or 443?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Yep - I just double checked it.  I even included the unecessary camel case (it's an IIS server).

I just caught your SPF reference and looked closer at your username. Hi, Dave! :)

What's the URL? if it's private send to me via PM. I'll try it out on my end and see if can duplicate the error.

For those working with it - this may be documented in the SIM, but I missed it and made some assumptions that shouldn't have been made.

Even though you set the relay response in the accounts setting area and set it to the default, this is NOT the be all and end all.

You must still spell out the hidden form fields (x_relay_response, x_relay_url).

I am struggling with the exact same issue, and I'm getting desperate.  I started a new thread:

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/SIM-Relay-Response-Time-Out-PULL...

Were you able to finally resolve this?  I have set my Relay Response URL in the interface, and I'm passing it in via:

x_relay_response.Value = "TRUE"

x_relay_url="https://www.unitedhealthonesupplement.com/hearing/RelayResponseRedirect.aspx"

The URL is valid.  Try it.  I still get the time out.

HELP!!!

I have been having the same problem and of course, support is pretty much useless. My problem boiled down to SSL connections preventing the script from ever firing.This may not be the same culprit as your problems but my symptoms sound the same. I did some sniffing on the server while testing and here's what was going on on our setup.

Symptoms.

1. I can hit the script in my browser, it responds immediately but SIM spits out an error 52 (timeout after 10 seconds) but it times out immediately, not after 10 seconds.

2. When I watch apache logs my return url never fires (never requested by authorize.net)

3. tcpdump shows extta1f.authorize.net calling in but again, apache never shows the request in the logs

So this got me thinking maybe it has something to do with our self signed certificates. Of course I called support and asked if their server is picky about ssl, self signed certs anything else along those lines and they said "no, it doesn't care. The problem is with your script'. Of course 4 different support techs tell me this and I know it's bullsh*t because my script never fires. Why does it never fire you ask? Well there where protocol errors with the ssl negotiation and the connection fails before the request ever makes ti through the stack to php. Of course, if what the techs told me were true, and their servers did indeed not care about SSL protocol errors then this would not be a problem and the transaction would complete. But of course it would be a problem for one of the largest gateways to allow encrypted transactions across an ssl tunnel with protocol errors. So the designers of the SIM system, honor protocol failures and terminate the connection...as they should.

After some quick testing by defining my SIM urls to be http not https and modifying my post vars in my call out to them I get an immediate response and the URL's function perfectly. I have yet to determine if the problem is the self signed cert or if I have a common name mismatch. But I'm just going to say I'm assuming there's a problem with the keys commonname and not in with the fact it is self-signed; and when I fix that, https URL's will function. If I find it is a problem with self-signed certs I will post back to this forum with an update. If I don't post back assume I messed my keys up :-)

Well I did have a conflict with my certs common name and the hostname. I have resolved the issue and still can not successfully test SIM with SSL on a Self-Signed Certificate. I tested the our same codebase on a host with a root CA signed cert and it all works honkey dorey.

So, if anyone at Authorize.net tells you they work with self-signed certificates (and they will try to tell you this) they are giving you false information.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Brian