cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relay Response - Script timed out

I am getting this error, which I have researched but haven't found a solution:

"Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it. Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved."

I found this error does not occur until I am on the 15th or 20th transaction in a row. After that, I get the error every time for hours.

I am using relay response, and on my relay response page, I have page_load trying to get the response connection and then if it's successful, sending the data to my database. Is this not where this code should be?

protected void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    {

try
        {
            var sr = new SIMResponse(Request.Form);   
} catch { //Error } try { //Grab the data from the form, display it to the user, and also send it to the database } catch { //Error } }

So should this code not be in page_load, or is there maybe an issue if I am submitting the same card over and over for testing, or maybe something else?

rockon77
Contributor
11 REPLIES 11

Okay thanks. One last question... my relay response page can handle errors as well as successful payments. However if that "script time out" error occurs, the relay response page does not load. So is there a way to tell authorize.net if there is complete failure loading this response page, go to another page like error.aspx? 

@rockon77 Unfortunately there is not which is why we are moving away from Relay Response and moving to more robust solutions like Accept.js.

Richard