cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relay not working - PLEASE HELP!

Hi, I’m trying to integrate my site’s credit card processing with authorize.net using DPM and have found an issue. Whenever I submit a transaction, an  error  appears within a second. It is below:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

My x_relay_url is set to https://individual.deltadentalks.com/Ole/test.htm.

test.htm is displaying text based on response and redirects to error page or succes page. I don't even get that far. The transaction takes about 1 second so it's not a timeout issue.

Can you tell me why I’m getting this error?

martin1b
Contributor
23 REPLIES 23

Your submitted md5 hash and the response md5 hash is different

The submitted one is use your x_login, x_fp_sequence, x_fp_timestamp, and x_amount.

And the response md5 hash is use your account md5 hash setting,  x_login, x_trans_id, and x_amount.

If you need to, you can post merchant defined field(any field with field name not use by authorize.net) when you post to transact.dll. 

And it will post it back to you on the relay.

Any trick to computing the md5 hash? I'm posting in the order specified by the documentation, set the md5 hash key in account settings, and using that key per the docs and the hash values never match.

Thoughts?

There is a response code 99 tool that you can test your md5 hash and list step to troubleshoot 

https://developer.authorize.net/tools/responsecode99/

Also, the C# SDK have method to encode and decode that at  anet_dotnet_sdk-1.3.0.zip\Source\Authorize.NET\Utility\Crypto.cs

@RaynorC1emen7

Big thanks for all of your help! Couldn't have done it without your help.

Thanks again!!