cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repat billing with SIM or DPM?

I have a customer that needs repeat billing for subscriptions and does not want to use AIM or have any PCI responsibilities and to keep development simple.  Can I use DPM or do I need to use SIM?  We do not need to give the user access to previous cards used (a la CIM).

TIA,

Steve Shier

sshier
9 REPLIES 9

Do DPM or SIM, and then login to the merchant account(no api) and create ARB from an approved transaction.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks. I will probably use DPM but need to get clear on the advantages over SIM.

Steve

So you are ok with creating ARB thru the merchant account interface?

DPM pro is that you can make the cc entry screen the way your client want.

I have not used ARB.  Is this a one time creation thru the merchant interface or does it need to be done for every single user after they have placed an orders?

DPM is a one time transaction.

ARB is Recurring Billing

Is this a one time creation thru the merchant interface or does it need to be done for every single user after they have placed an orders?

It will be for each recurring billing you need.

https://sandbox.authorize.net/help/Search/Transaction_Detail/Transaction_Detail_Page.htm

Thanks for your help.  I guess we'll have to manually go into the UI after each transaction and charge for the first month initially. I will check out your link.  Much appreciated.

Steve Shier

My client says he will have thousands of transactions and will need to automate the ARB so a user who clicks a one year subscription on the web site is automatically set up for monthly payments for 12 months.  Is there any way to avoid manual intervention for a repeat billing, even with AIM?

I would much prefer using SIM or DPM because of the lesser workload, but as you say, you can't do repeat billing with those.

TIA,

Steve

Then you client need to get PCI Compliance backend server or pay for hosting to handle ARB API.

Or use the Hosted Option on CIM, and do custom coding to do schedule repeat billing.

In speaking with AuthorizeNet tech support today they recommend using CIM (which we already have) and the ARB API to a) avoid PCI compliance issues (using CIM-which is already acceptableto our merchant bank on our other web site) and avoid manual intervention (using the ARB API).

Thanks,

Steve