cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReportingGateway issue

Hi, 

First time poster here, forgive me if I am breaking the rules, but I have run out of options at this point.  I have done several live chats with Authorize and they ultimately direct me here because they couldn't resolve the problem.  I did some searches regarding my issue and found something possibly related here, but I'm not sure if is the same or not.  Anyway, here is my issue:

I am writing an account reconcilliation .net 4.0 MVC3 app for my company to pull in settled transactions and post to our internal accounting system.  To do this I am using the Transaction Details API and specifically the ReportingGateway.

To open the reporting gateway I do the following (psuedo):

ReportingGateway gate = new ReportingGateway(API_LOGIN, TRANSACTION_KEY);

Once I have the gateway in hand I do the following:

List<Transaction> transactionList = gate.GetTransactionList(dateStart, dateEnd);

At this point I have a list of several transactions that I present to the user in a table with a few pertinent details about the transaction (ie. price, transaction id, date settled).  I give the user the option of selecting an individual transaction and looking at more detail.  For this I call the following based on the transaction id the user selected:

Transaction trans = gate.GetTransactionDetails(transactionId);

This is where the problem is.  I get the Transaction object back with no problem, but it seems quite incomplete.  There are a number of properties that are null, and I need several of them for subsequent work I need to do to cram the data into our accounting system (If I run a report in Authorize.net's web based reports UI I get all the information I need).  The CardType property is the big one though, it is null, and from my conversations with Authorize.Net representatives that is what I need to differentiate between Credit Card and eCheck transactions.

I don't know if this is enough information for someone to try and help, I'll be happy to post more info if needed.  I should note that I am currently running this code in my developer sandbox account, not live and I'm not sure if that has any bearing in the matter.

Thanks in advance. 

mbowser
4 REPLIES 4

Sandbox doesn't mirror everything, you might want to try running this on a production account using your own credit card and check to test. Have to do that anyway as your final step.

TJPride
Expert

Thanks for the reply, but is there a reason why test does not mirror production?  It appears that everything but the AIM API mirrors what I should see in production.  I shouldn't have to run my own CC through production to make sure it's working.  How can I develop reliable code for an API not knowing the expected behavior in production if I can't first verify that behavior in test?

I know I am new to Authorize.Net but I'm not new to building enterprise solutions and I've never found a good reason for test and production to be anything other than identical.  I hope this is not the case and that I am making a programatic error that someone can point out and I can correct.    

I just observed the very same behavior on my app from report gateway using TEST ENV, receiving incomplete (null) informacion; what I was trying to obtain is the Credit Card Number for a given SETTLED transaction to perform a credit operation ever since for security reasons I don't save that informacion on my database... have you already tried on your PROD environment? If so, can you please share what was the outcome? For Authorize.NET Support, can you confirm/deny that both TEST and PROD share this behavior? Thanks in advance

The Transaction Details API should be working the same for test and production.  I would be curious to hear which fields were coming back as null for those of you that experienced these problems and whether or not you are all using the same SDK.  This would help me conduct some testing on my own to see if I can reproduce any problems.