cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK and PHP 5.3.3

Hi,

The (PHP) SDK requirements (on Github) state that PHP 5.5 is required. Is there a usable version for PHP 5.3.3?

jima
Regular Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @jima,

Sorry, but we don't produce a version for PHP 5.3. Older versions of PHP are unsupported, and are not receiving security fixes anymore. There have been many many security holes patched since the 5.3.x releases, and many of those holes have been patched since 5.3 went unsupported. Therefore, 5.3 is not compliant with PCI-DSS requirements and should never be used in payment processing.

Unless you're using some custom version of PHP where you can verify that someone is backporting every security patch to your version, a PHP version this old would never pass a security audit.

Aaron
All Star

Well, after a LOT of twisting ears and bribing superiors and threatening supbordinates, we are now running PHP 5.6.30 (on *most* systems), but still there is zero access to Composer... This seems to still leave me high and dry, which is *really* bad, since your documentation claims that we should be able to run the SDK without the use of Composer, which I took to be true, but doesn't seem to be.

Now I have to go back to my superiors and explain to them why they shelled out fairly large amounts of money for upgrade licensing (required by other softwares on the system to get to PHP 5.6), but still can't get this freaking SDK to run.

I'm reading all over the place about people facing the same problems and complaining very loudly about it. I'm also seeing a lot of references to "new" versions of the SDK, that will be dependency-free. Is there ANY sort of expidited timeline on such a release? I just (re)tried SDK v 1.9.3 (the latest I beleive), and still hit wall after wall after wall.

Please give me something that I can take to my bosses that won't get me fired due to the inaccurate Authorize.net documentation that make claim of not needing Composer.

Please also know that I'm not a Composer hater. I'm *not* in that camp at all. It's just that Composer isn't an option for the fleet of systems that we have running.

jima
Regular Contributor

Composer is never a requirement, it is just a convenience. As@Aaron has graciously supplied, the list of dependencies is below:

|--jms/serializer ^1.2
|  |--doctrine/annotations ^1.0
|  |  |--doctrine/lexer 1.*
|  |  |  `--php >=5.3.2
|  |  `--php ^5.6 || ^7.0
|  |--doctrine/instantiator ^1.0.3
|  |  `--php >=5.3,<8.0-DEV
|  |--jms/metadata ~1.1
|  |  `--php >=5.3.0
|  |--jms/parser-lib 1.*
|  |  `--phpoption/phpoption >=0.9,<2.0-dev
|  |     `--php >=5.3.0
|  |--php >=5.5.0
|  |--phpcollection/phpcollection ~0.1
|  |  `--phpoption/phpoption 1.*
|  |     `--php >=5.3.0
|  `--phpoption/phpoption ^1.1
|     `--php >=5.3.0
|--php >=5.5
`--symfony/yaml ^2.2|^3.0
   `--php >=5.5.9

Regarding any complaints about the SDK: 

If you don't like it, you don't need to use it, build your own functionality.