cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Inegration Best Practices?

I am trying to find a best practices overview of what my integration should include.   I have looked at the SDK's and Guides.   I have queried this forum.  

I am new to Authorize.net so we want to ensure we don't do something wrong that seasoned veterans would now.  I appreciate all feedback.  

We have decided on SIM integration since PCI compliance is a headache.   Well sell services so there is no tax or shipping.

I believe that we should integrate with Authorize.net via SIM with a POST.  This will have x-values for everything specified explicitly.   We will use Adreess and CVV verfication.  

The customer will be presented with their payment form (colored and styled) with fields selected correctly.   All fields will be required except recurring billing,  phone numbers and company.  This is a B2C business.

The payment is processed.   We have set for Authorize.net to show the Receipt page with the Receipt Link back to our site.  

Our company will configure the Respose URL to receive responses.    This must flag the transactions as paid or not.

I am concerned that due to craziness in the Internet that this will not always be reliable.   Therefore for any transactions that are over a few minutes old we need a cron job that uses the Transaction API to lookup the results and apply the change.

Is this the best way to integrate?   What am I missing?

mikelanikai
1 REPLY 1

You can only get either receipt page or relay response, not both.

The relay response is call once the transaction is finish(the customer click on the submit on the authorize.net payment form).

I am concerned that due to craziness in the Internet that this will not always be reliable.   Therefore for any transactions that are over a few minutes old we need a cron job that uses the Transaction API to lookup the results and apply the change.

Unless your server go down just as the relay response happened. It shouldn't need a cron job to check the transaction status.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert