cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Itemized Orders for PHP

hello To Everyone Reading This:

I have gone over the SIM Developer Guide and found the information regarding Itemized Orders. However, can anyone tell me if I am wasting my time trying to make this work for ordering food online? I am setting up a menu, I need drop downs from 4 categories all with different prices..Don't know if I should just spend the time using a cart for this basic need.

Also, does anyone have anymore information regarding making the Itemized Order's work. I am having a hard time finding proper documentation...1st timer here...and I am sure once I have this figured out I'll feel stupid for having asked such a simple question. 

Thanks

bricouilih
1 REPLY 1

If they'll only be ordering four items, you can easily just have one page which does that, then submits to another page which calculates the charge and auto-submits to Authorize.net (onload="document.forms[0].submit();" in your <body> tag). See Chapter 5: Additional API Fields for sub-section Itemized Order Information for how to specify line items in the form you submit to Authorize.net:

http://www.authorize.net/support/SIM_guide.pdf

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" name="x_line_item" VALUE="item1<|>golf balls<|><|>2<|>18.95<|>Y"> 
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" name="x_line_item" VALUE="item2<|>golf bag<|>Wilson golf carry bag, red<|>1<|>39.99<|>Y"> 
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" name="x_line_item"  VALUE="item3<|>book<|>Golf for Dummies<|>1<|>21.99<|>Y">

(yes, you put in one tag per item and they're all named the same...)

TJPride
Expert