cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SIM Relay Response Timeout

I am encoutering an issue in which a user receives a timeout error about 1 out of 10 transactions.   The response form only returns a simple html page with success or failure message.  There are no links to javacsript/css/images in the response page.   I checked the server logs and there isn't any record in the apache logs of an attempted post request.   I have tried processing credit card transactions myself on the live site and get a response from 1-2 seconds.

I looked through knowledge base and made some changes based on suggestions but still receiving the occasional timeout error.

Any suggestion?  Maybe Apache/PHP post settings for faster response?

Thanks,

Pat

pat1234
75 REPLIES 75

TSdotNet: yes, the problem has been with the SIM Relay Response, and yes, it is in the request for our relay response page.  The IIS logs show that the page is never requested from the server.  We do not experience timeouts with the Silent Post.  Now that we have changed our TTL setting to two weeks, we have not experienced a timeout, but we have also not allowed two weeks to lapse between transactions.

It is interesting to me that both bob_b and steveddr have more than one domain name server and this problem does not occur on all of them.

Bob_b also observed that in his case, the domain name with the problem is a subdomain in the form donate.mydomain.com.  Our is like that as well, in our case it is ****.****.org.

milleamy --  I goofed when I stated the form of the domain that is experiencing this problem.  It is actually a .org domain and not a .com.  I should have said "of the form donate.mydomain.org".  I wonder if the problem is connected with only .org domains?

My domain is a .org that has the timeout errors.

My domain with timeout errors is a .com

Mine is also a .org.

I set the TTL to one week and didn't get a timeout message for about 10 days.  At the end of the week, I submitted a test transaction, but everything worked fine and I did not get the timeout message.   Now, after about a week and a half since the last timeout message, we had a customer get the timeout again.   We don't get a lot of transactions, but we did have two successful transactions earlier in the day today.  And, when I did a test transaction after the one with the timeout, everything was fine again.  So, I don't understand why we didn't get the timeout message at the end of the one week TTL period.  Instead it was three days later.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

How are things going with you guys?  I've set my client's site (a .org)'s TTL to 1 week and things have been ok, but I wonder if it's safe to reduce the TTL back to normal yet.  

I still get a timeout error once at the 1 week point. Most recent was yesterday, so it's not fixed yet. After that one error, all transactions work fine for precisely one week.  My workaround has been to enter a test transaction once per week that results in the error so that I get the error and not a customer.  I still have an open trouble ticket with authorize.net and have heard nothing from them in 2 weeks.  This issue only affects my .org domain.  Two other domains, both .net, have never had a problem.

Thanks bob, they just responded to my ticket after I asked them to escalate it to an engineer, and their response was to make sure I spelled my URL correctly.  Kinda annoying.

I'm starting to think I need to set up an alias domain with a .com extension just to make this work for now, even though I don't feel I need to jump through hoops to work around a month-old issue from Authorize.net.

I finally got a "response" from my ticket with Authorize.NET.  They gave me a workaround that I was not able to easily implement, so I am not sure if it works, but I thought I would pass it on here anyway.  They said "To temporarily work-around this issue, you can use the Receipt URL instead of Relay Response under the Account tab."

I keep pressing them for a date when they might have this resolved and can't get anything from them.

Has anyone else had any luck getting anything from Authorize.NET?