cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Returning Denied Card But Card Is Charged!

I'm using SIM and I get periods where I get denials of credit cards but they're still being charged. Customer's real upset. Why does that happen?

ShadowDancerLV
Contributor
25 REPLIES 25

can you log into your mechant account and see what happend to the transaction? It is getting charge or just getting credit hold? If all else fail call support with the transactionID.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Yes there is a charge that has to be voided.

So, you have to void it in the merchant account? Do you capture all the data return from authorize.net so you can see why it got decline? are you using relay response?

Sure do! Here's a list of values I captured:

The credit card number is invalid.
P
School
CC
auth_capture
41F1CED7D79B2249DE6778B4F34BE5B9
XXXX)(&?

So the response said the credit card# is invalid but it still getting an auth/capture on the authorize.net side. what is the 0?

It's in the 7th position of the transaction response.

Closest thing would be the x_trans_id field.

It's in the 7th position of the transaction response.

SIM relay response are by field name, and not by position. Only response for AIM are by position.

How did you find the transaction to void if the id is 0? 0 mean it didn't generate an transaction, I'm not sure how it will get charge at all at authorize.net

does SIM return error on certain card? does it error an A card consistently.

It returns instantly according to the user. I have code to tell me what position in the response array the value occupied that's how I counted the 7th position. Since this is the first time I've had to do forensics on this type of thing, I'm taking notes on how to improve it.