cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SIM Sample Code -- is it possible to use other fields, like Last Name, Address, and so on?

Hi. I need some help with the authorize.net SIM Sample Code for ColdFusion. The sample form is great, but I need to modify the form to include other information, such as:

First Name

Last Name

Address

Different payment values

and so on.

I notice that the values in the SIM Sample Code are "hard-coded" using the <cfset> tag. Examples:

<cfset loginID="xxxxxxx">
<cfset transactionKey="yyyyyyy">
<cfset amount="19.99">
<cfset description="Conference Registration Form">
<cfset label="Submit Payment"> <!--- This is the label on the 'submit' button --->
<cfset testMode="false">

When I try to set up (for example) a form field for Last Name:

<cfset LastName="#form.LastName#">

<cfoutput><INPUT type="hidden" name="x_last_name" value="#LastName#" /></cfoutput>

... the output to authorize.net is ... empty. No data.

Has anyone here been able to develop an authorize.net SIM form to include variables like First Name, Last Name, Registration Fees, and so on?

If so, can you show me an example?

My client is hoping I can show her a working authorize.net payment form early this week. =) Thanks very much for your help.

Eric

EricBourland
Contributor
1 REPLY 1

Hello EricBourland

It's been a while since this was first posted. I would recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if anyone from the community is able to respond with any comments. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator