cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Sample Code

Developers have recently asked for some older, unsupported sample code for using SIM.  I'm attaching here for those who need it.  

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
2 REPLIES 2

YES! THANK YOU!! This is what I need. Example code which works and I can modify.

This is great, but I have a couple questions. Mainly, I'm trying to add custom fields to my order so that it shows on Authorize (such that if I'm selling tickets, I want to know whether people want to sit in the front or the back, or what their meal preference is). I'd like a way to do this, and I'm experimenting with it now. Can't seem to find a solution. Is there a way to add a field like <input type='hidden' name='x_mealPreference' value='Chicken' /> and have it show in Authorize?

Right now, we have an "In Memoriam" donation form, but we have to cross-check the name and invoice to another database instead of seeing it all in Authorize. It's very annoying. If I could add that name into Authorize as a custom field, that'd be helpful.

Thanks!

Brendan

bdparker
Contributor

Hello @bdparker

First, I should remind you that SIM is now deprecated and will eventually be replaced, so I would strongly encourage you to explore using Accept.js with your own form, or use our Accept Hosted payment form.

We DO support merchant defined fields in the transaction request, but they are NOT stored at the gateway, only reflected in the response so you'll need to capture and store the values yourself.

Richard