cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM questions.

Hi guys,

I am new in the field of payment processing. I have some experience with paypal integration, so I decided to choose SIM method, because I have no experience in handling security.

I have created a site which sells small number of products (~10) and have a simple shopping cart that uses cookies to store selected products. I want to have a checkout button that goes to authorize.net server and sends information about the chosen product - each one with its name and price. I read some instructions and looked at the example code (PHP) and got a bit confused:

1. Is it true that I can send only one product with its description and price, or I can send a list of products using Server Integration Method?

I do not have user registration on my site and I need to know who the customer is. I need that information because after the payment I have to send information to a fulfillment center that will handle the delivery. They want the information in a STANDARD6 format. So my question is:

2. Can I receive back information after payment about the customer (Name, Address, Email), because I need to relay it to a fulfillment center and I do not have user registration on my website?

Thank you for your help.

Krasimir

rimisark
4 REPLIES 4

1). No. It's not true. You can send more then one item using SIM. If you search the forums I know someone posted how to do it. It should also be in the SIM Guide (PDF).

2) Yes. Use Relay Response. It basically allows you to make your own receipt/thank you page which receives information about the transaction. It receives the same information as Silent Post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Hello,

I checked through the SIM guide but was not able to locate any specific examples of sending along a list of product data to be displayed at the payment gateway. 

Can anyone point me to a resource that explains how to do this?  

Thank you.

Paul

Go to Additional API Fields or the appendix of API fields at the end, scroll through that or do a find for "x_line_item". I don't believe the SIM API [PHP] has a built-in feature for adding line items, but you can probably adapt code from the addLineItem() function and _setPostString() functions in the AIM API for use in combining line items into the desired string.

Thanks TJ!

that is exactly what I was looking for