cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM relay response not working

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card. This transaction has been approved. It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

That is the error I am getting.  I see there are many other posts here with the same problem.  Has anyone figured it out?  I am about to tell my client they made a horrible mistake signing up with Authorize.Net.  Having used other gateway companies, I have never had such problems.  Please tell me Authorize.Net has solved this problem, or that I should move on to a more reliable provider.

rrhandle
19 REPLIES 19

We found a problem today using transactions with Authorize.net. As of three weeks ago, we were receiving form data back to our relay URL page which contained the x_response_subcode field. We collected this field's data in our local databases. As of today (7/7/10), this form field is no longer contained in the form data being posted by Authorize.net back to our relay URL page. This was causing an error on our end that was sent back to AuthNet which produced the error message you mentioned. Below are the form fields we're currently receiving from AuthNet ...

X_RESPONSE_CODE, X_RESPONSE_REASON_CODE, X_RESPONSE_REASON_TEXT, X_AVS_CODE, X_AUTH_CODE, X_TRANS_ID, X_METHOD, X_CARD_TYPE, X_ACCOUNT_NUMBER, X_FIRST_NAME, X_LAST_NAME, X_COMPANY, X_ADDRESS, X_CITY, X_STATE, X_ZIP,X_COUNTRY, X_PHONE, X_FAX,X_EMAIL, X_INVOICE_NUM, X_DESCRIPTION, X_TYPE, X_CUST_ID, X_SHIP_TO_FIRST_NAME, X_SHIP_TO_LAST_NAME, X_SHIP_TO_COMPANY, X_SHIP_TO_ADDRESS, X_SHIP_TO_CITY, X_SHIP_TO_STATE, X_SHIP_TO_ZIP, X_SHIP_TO_COUNTRY, X_AMOUNT, X_TAX, X_DUTY, X_FREIGHT, X_TAX_EXEMPT, X_PO_NUM, X_MD5_HASH, X_CVV2_RESP_CODE, X_CAVV_RESPONSE, X_TEST_REQUEST, X_STORENO

After I removed the x_response_subcode field from the code on our page, the transaction and page worked perfectly.

Has something changed on the Authorize.net side regarding the x_response_subcode field? 

Thanks for all of your help.

(I'm using ColdFusion as a code base.)

stobener

Hi stobener,

It looks like we did remove  x_response_subcode from our SIM/relay responses last week. I apologize that we didn't notify everyone prior to this, and I'll be sure to post something to the News and Announcements section so everyone else will be aware.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Check to see if you have a web application firewall running (as required for PCI compliance).

The user-agent header is blank when Authorize.Net makes the relay response post for SIM. The web application firewall I run was blocking requests with blank user-agents, but when I allowed those requests to get through the firewall, all went well.

It took FOREVER to figure that out, since the relay URL I was using was perfectly valid when it was called with a regular browser.

Yet another reason to drop PCI compliance and use a third-party checkout like SIM...

ckryanco

when i use the default.aspx to post to its https website ,and i set the x_relay_url.value=defaule.aspx,then the timeout is fixed,
but how can we redirct to different url

supergirl123

If you would like to re-direct to another page you must do so after you have written the Relay Response to the page, otherwise a timeout will occur.

Thank you,

Elaine

Elaine
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

How can you find out what Authorize.net is receiving from the site hosted relay response page?  I am just seeing a blank page and assume that there is an error going back to Authorize.net that is causing the issue.  Is there a way to find out what the error is?  When I go to the URL of the relay response page it appears fine and I am able to post from a different URL on a different server and see the page also.

Thank you,

Jeff Warner... 

jeffwwarner

Have the relay page log what it's sending, then check the log.

how to check response log,In my application the user is not redirected to desired URL instead getting this nasty error

"Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it. Transaction ID: 2167769769 Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved."

Please guide me.

That means your script took too long to repsond when Authorize.Net posted a request to your relay response script. It must be less then 10 seconds or Authorize.Net will not get the response. You need to figutr out why the page took so long to respond.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

One possibility is that Authorize.net is trying to retrieve DNS information for your domain and it's taking longer than 10 seconds (for whatever reason). If you run several transactions through close together, do you get this error every time you try to run through a transaction? Is your relay response URL working when you try to contact it directly?