cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM relay response not working

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card. This transaction has been approved. It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

That is the error I am getting.  I see there are many other posts here with the same problem.  Has anyone figured it out?  I am about to tell my client they made a horrible mistake signing up with Authorize.Net.  Having used other gateway companies, I have never had such problems.  Please tell me Authorize.Net has solved this problem, or that I should move on to a more reliable provider.

rrhandle
19 REPLIES 19

This error almost always means you have an error in your relay response script or with your server. I have yet to see a relay response error being Authnet's fault.

What you need to do to troubleshoot it is pull up your relay response page directly and see if any error messages are given. If that works then you need to send a post request like Authnet does and see what happens then.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

We do not have a server; we are on a shared hosting server (accuwebhosting).  Could this be the problem?

It doesn't matter if it is shared hosting. As long as web pages can run on it it will suffice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Our page comes up fine.  Could you explain "post request like Authnet does", I think the answer may be there.

I am not sure if this is what you meant, but I created a page that post to the same page my relay response should be posting to, and everything work fine.  So, can I assume everything is OK with the page I am relaying to?

Authorize.Net will post a response to the relay response page with the same information as Silent Post. You will  to simulate that post information to verify you script is working properly.

Do you see anything wrong with this dump?

Learn more about the Authorize.Net Data Validation URL Tool.

REMOTE_ADDR:64.94.119.5
REQUEST_METHOD:POST
HTTP_REFERER:none
Field Name Field Value
x_response_code1
x_response_subcode1
x_response_reason_code1
x_response_reason_textThis transaction has been approved.
x_auth_codeVeIn3Y
x_avs_codeY
x_trans_id2153313400
x_invoice_num20100614222346
x_descriptionSample Transaction
x_amount39.99
x_methodCC
x_typeauth_capture
x_cust_idDoe-John 001
x_first_name 
x_last_name 
x_company 
x_address 
x_city 
x_state 
x_zip 
x_country 
x_phone 
x_fax 
x_email 
x_ship_to_first_name 
x_ship_to_last_name 
x_ship_to_company 
x_ship_to_address 
x_ship_to_city 
x_ship_to_state 
x_ship_to_zip 
x_ship_to_country 
x_tax0.0000
x_duty0.0000
x_freight0.0000
x_tax_exemptFALSE
x_po_num 
x_MD5_Hash3479DBF0E62A5E6F9B613EBBEC7D8C21
x_cvv2_resp_code 
x_cavv_response2
x_test_requestfalse
__VIEWSTATE/wEPDwUJNTgzNzQzMzgyD2QWBgIDDxYCHglpbm5lcmh0bWwFBTM5Ljk5ZAIFDxYCHwAFElNhbXBsZSBUcmFuc2FjdGlvbmQCBw9kFgICGQ8WAh4FdmFsdWUFDlN1Ym1pdCBQYXltZW50ZGQbgjLUp6x2n0aDhTEszAJ2cdqA5Q==
__EVENTVALIDATION/wEWDgLGwe6LBwLe64HXAgL9gZXZBwL0yYqpAgLb3cajBQL5o+e2AgL648ayAwLE/PS0BgKelM/hBAK0l+rWDwLJn/hvApvN6o4EApHZpYcMArvZquUHYZtDkrDzsqXwQEhnc4FFri+rquU=
HiddenValueInitial Value
buttonLabelSubmit Payment
x_method_availabletrue

Strange.  After I did the test dump, I replaced the relay_url with the original one that pointed to our site.  It worked.  I could actually see the page that was printing out all the fields, but the url read https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll.  Can someone explain why that url was showing?  None of the links in the menu on our site would work.

That URL is showing because relay response uses your page but on Authnet's site. Your URLs are broken because they are relative URLs. You must use full URLs with relay response.